Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 1 January 2023

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I hope all of you have a joyful, meaningful, fulfilling 2023. 

• Rusty - Great news! So pleased for you. Now do as you're told - enjoy the year and forget tests!

I am now home again. Very torn - wanted to remain with the family with memories of my sister, but needed to get back to my 'real' life again. Oh the way the human mind works ...
  • Rusty: Hurray! Nothing like having worries set aside. :-)

PatO: Oh I know just how you must feel. Be good to yourself - those tearful moments will be around for a while....
  • RUSTY – Congratulations. I have been wondering as I thought the m’gram was sometime this month. Now put it to the back of your mind and ENJOY yourself!

I packed away our χmas tree & decorations on Sunday. It took a day for OH to notice. I must activate the vacuum cleaner to collect those stray bits of glitter that have mysteriously appeared. Yesterday I collected the χmas cards from the mantlepiece (OH hasn’t commented yet). My friend in a flooded town on River Murray wrote that they were safe, although 28 houses nearby were flooded. I am enjoying this cooler weather; I can actually sleep at night.

• ANNETTE: I thought that massive storm would hit north of you, but I've just seen that Los Angeles has flood warnings. Take care and be safe. Looks like a monster

I'll be back tomorrow with more replies. Hi to all.
  • Good Morni g. Mild and dry here - a description of our theatre visit later, as I just wrote a long paragraph and it's now disappeared.
  • Good morning,
    I am looking forward to reading about your visit to the theatre Lindy.
    AQ - I too have packed my tree and decorations away.
    Annette - I hope you are all OK in the storm.
    Heather - I hope you are feeling less tired today. I know a number of people who have commented on their tiredness after having covid.
    Pat - a day at a time I think. I am sure you must feel very torn and almost guilty at getting back to your normal life.
    Thank you everyone for your kind words following my good news. To celebrate I am going to do my grocery shopping!! Ha ha!! I am going to call at Marks and Spencer Foods for some treats though!!
  • Morning all: Major part of storm went through fast; just showers now. Granddaughter and Ms. en route here and currently somewhere on the LA freeways in the rain (and rush hour); grandson and partner due here late morning, daughter and dog around the same time. Niece still snoozing. OH ditto.... Can I run away?
  • That sounds like a houseful, Annette. Good luck!
  • ANNETTE - Have you a corner you can hide in.? So many of them and they won't notice you missing?
  • Will have to review our theatre outing later, tomorrow. Too busy here & too late.

Our Youngest sounds really rough on the phone, still, and we don't think we will be visiting them this weekend after all. He needs time to recover. He's had a bad bought of it, whatever it was.

Edit:  Rusty, hope you found something nice to celebrate with!