Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 9 October 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

The moon turns full on Sunday.

Everyone have a safe, wonderful week! I'm off to the big city.

• Wherever you are Diane.  Thank you!!

Kids are here; we had a simple and very casual dinner followed by a strawberry white cake from my favorite bakery.  It was supposed to be a chocolate cake, then we settled for a white raspberry cake which somehow morphed into the strawberry version.   I hadn't pre-ordered it so took what they had.  Apparently the bakery is having the universal problem of staffing to the extent that they turned off their phone because they couldn't cope with the in-person service and had no way to take on call-in orders too.   What a mess everything is in.  But the cake was feather light as usual.  And as usual I ate too much.  Sigh.

Meanwhile, Pearl the dog has just eaten half of OH's dinner off his plate while he was otherwise occupied.....  lucky that I'd only given OH half of what he'd ordered!

Lindybird:  Hope the family visit goes according to plan.

Take care all.

• Unknown said:
    It was supposed to be a chocolate cake, then we settled for a white raspberry cake which somehow morphed into the strawberry version.

Yum, yum, yummmmmmmmmmmmy!  All three of those sound like they'd add a foot to my waistline.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• thought you might agree..(Chol ;as we do most days )

• Had to share this - another great advert with an unlikely traveller!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Thanks DIANE for starting us off. I hope you are enjoying your “holiday” and return refreshed.

OG – I like to use a letter opener. I hate seeing family rip into presents – that wrapping paper could be re-used. Well done on getting priority treatment re covid jab.

ANNETTE – Smart dog Pearl <grin>

Early Monday morn here and looking dull & overcast. Exciting morning - expecting Dau#1 to collect their car after weekend interstate! In the Olden Days we would drive them to airport, now they taxi. At “real” church yesterday less than half bothered with masks; too many believe the pandemic is over.

• Just a thought

Mothers are only sick between meals.

A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. (Tenneva Jordan)

Once you're a mom, you're always a mom. It's like riding a bike. You never forget. (Taraji P Henson)

• LOL Clare!! Love it!!

Diane - Have a good break in The Big City.

Annette - Enjoy your family.

AQ - Great quotes. Your situation there is much the same as here. People seem to be acting as if "It's all over" and yet the figures for hospitalisation are growing by the day. Not as many confirmed cases now, generally, but then as pointed out by some, no one is bothering to get tested. When I had my jab on Saturday, they made us wear masks inside the building, which caught some people out & they had to use the paper ones offered.

We had a successful day with good travel both ways - no roadworks!! The cake went down well.

• Tomasz and Rosie having a wrestling match!

• LINDA - New modelling released today predicts our next covid wave will peak early December. You are probably in a worse situation, coming into winter with covid plus colds & flu. Have a great time in Lanzarote. . .or will it be Laze-a-lot?