Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 2 October 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH!

Everyone have a wonderful week. Enjoy the rest of autumn. It's predicted to be a rough winter here in the Midwest. I had the first frost this past week. The raccoons are trying to get into my attic!!!

•  Hello!!! I am back from Portugal and am missing the sun and warmth already. I have read through to catch up on the news and will reply later. I will also try to do a travelogue sometime. Currently I have just finished unpacking and have got some washing on. I didn’t get home until 1.30 this morning. The flight was on time and passports and baggage at Manchester Airport were good. It was just that the flight wasn’t scheduled to land until 11.30 which it did,

Here is a photo of the Douro Valley as we approached from over the mountains. Sigh!!!!

• Welcome back, Rusty! Sounds as if you had a lovely time. Its always a sudden dump into reality when you get home to unpack and to feed the w. machine.

It's been pouring with rain, here. Glad I was able to get to the hairdressers in the car (she works from home). Whilst I got my long locks cut off, my hairdresser shouted at me, with gossip, as usual, and when I got home found that my OH had been busy with his tiling. He never likes to leave things half done for long.
  • Today's quotes: these are the last from my book called "Old Age is Not for Sissies". I only missed out a few which I thought were either strange, or unsuitable. These are two of my favourites:

"Wrinkles should merely indicate where the smiles have been."
    Mark Twain.

" I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today."

William Allen White.
  • Today's quotes: these are the last from my book called "Old Age is Not for Sissies". I only missed out a few which I thought were either strange, or unsuitable. These, however, are two of my favourites:

"Wrinkles should merely indicate where the smiles have been."
    Mark Twain.

" I am not afraid of tomorrow, for I have seen yesterday and I love today."

William Allen White.

• Hi everyone
    No replies but I've enjoyed your news and pics, thankyou.
    A few family problems here which I won't bore you with - but keeping my brain busy and sleep even worse than usual ! My son is coming up here next Monday, for a few days.
  • Heather - I can sympathise about the sleep. I was ultra stressed last week, for a good and known reason. Now that's in the past I was hoping for better sleep - I'm still waiting! Hope you manage not to hear too much World Service soon.
  • Sorry about the non sleepers. No fun.
    I meant to write, before, that I hope Diane has a good break away from home at her friends' with all the dogs.
  • Haha, Lindy. I definitely couldn't use that in our church magazine!