2022/23 OFF-SEASON FREE-FOR-ALL, ***FEEDERS*** & Other Wildlife Cams

Please post here anything related to the thread title Blush 

Makov Animal Rescue Station

One of our favourites.

The Pond cam has remained throughout the year, with new-to-us maturing cygnets and fawns still at the bottle-feeding stage:

No table manners !!!

The second cam has been a White Stork nest, which I have not been following during Osprey season.  The nest is very close to the ground because the Storks can't fly!

Today I find that the second cam has reverted to the birdie feeder we love - except it's been totally refurbished!  (Wish they'd zoom out just a teeny tad.)  Improved sound !!!  And look who popped in a few seconds after I started the download Chipmunk 

This was an incidental I came across on BirdwatchingHQ (you know how he hosts lots of cams unrelated to his own):

"Nocturnal thieves..."

IMAGICAT

• Oh my, that is one mischievous owl Scylla! Sibling having a lovely sleep and it gets jumped on, I thought his head was going to go round in a full circle at one point! To finish it had a few mad moments jumping over and rolling the poor sibling again and attacking the camera. Very funny.

Hope you are well Scylla, thanks for all the videos and updates. Hugging

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Glaslyn

Don't know whether Great or Little Egret as there's no comparison Grin 

And this was as close as we got:

The Whoopers are there but Heather hasn't stayed up all night to manipulate the cam for us - poor show Tired faceRofl

IMAGICAT

• It's a little egret - it has a black bill. The great egret has a yellow bill.
  • JillR said:
    It's a little egret - it has a black bill. The great egret has a yellow bill.

Thank you, Jill.  I'm going to have to think of a mnemonic or somesuch to remember which way around that goes... Thinking

I suppose LEBB would do, let's see how long it takes to forget Grin

IMAGICAT

• Boreal Ontario

Redpoll flocklet right after the feeder'd been replenished - they must be picking between the peanuts:

Glaslyn

Not a lot on show so I've done a clip of some corvids cavorting in front of the cam - it's so interesting (not) that I've made it Unlisted Stuck out tongue winking eye 

Having said "not a lot going on", I then found the Whooper Swans chilling out there in the afternoon:

Geese among them?

The Heron didn't appear to catch much:

IMAGICAT

• Such a shame , I can't see the Whoopers yellow and black beaks - not your fault Scylla. Loved the Redpoll frenzy but have decided to call them Brownpolls         Grinning

• Unknown said:
    I can't see the Whoopers yellow and black beaks

That's why I didn't do a video - we didn't get any closer, but I seem to remember we hardly ever did in previous seasons.

Still our Mute Swan couple appearing overnight, plus other unrecognisable water fowl, some so tiny we can't even see a hint of shape.

Welsh Himalayas (I haven't changed the colours at all):

Cloud threatening a snowy peak:

Glaslyn cams went down at around 09:45 last morning.

Unknown said:
    Loved the Redpoll frenzy but have decided to call them Brownpolls 

Sometimes the little red caps show up much better.

LG Feeder

Just showing the smattering of snow and the Crestie among the other tits, plus Chaff (there were often quite a few more birds than this on/around the feeder):

IMAGICAT

• Outstanding views of Glaslyn hills.  And what a delightful snap ot the LG feeder - really excellent  Scylla .

But, I hope you didn't think I didn't realise why the redpolls were called  so  ........ it  just so happened that all the girls were feeding at the tray when you took the capture     Neutral face

• Unknown said:
    I hope you didn't think I didn't realise why the redpolls were called

I had looked it up as I didn't know the etymology, then went into auto-mode Stuck out tongue winking eye 

I still don't know the etymology, spent too much time making 2 snaps fit together...

IMAGICAT

• I've been checking up on Peter @ Carnyx (much missed Blue heart )... He's just got the one live cam at the mo, Lough Neagh Torpedo Platform.  (Maybe you could view it on YouTube and give it a Like Thumbsup)  When I checked in it was almost bare, but rollback showed it gets packed with waterfowl and sea birds evening and night and there are mass preening sessions:

Just to show there was a bit more snow @ LG - there were a lot more birdies than this, all the usuals:

Boreal Ontario

Even tho there was no snow at all on the feeder, the Flying Squirrel was only interested in peanut butter - I think it was because the feeder tray surface was frozen solid and the squirrel knew it without even testing:

Oh what a rosy Redpoll!

And I forgot to check if Glaslyn was back online :(((

IMAGICAT