2022/23 OFF-SEASON FREE-FOR-ALL, ***FEEDERS*** & Other Wildlife Cams

Please post here anything related to the thread title Blush 

Makov Animal Rescue Station

One of our favourites.

The Pond cam has remained throughout the year, with new-to-us maturing cygnets and fawns still at the bottle-feeding stage:

No table manners !!!

The second cam has been a White Stork nest, which I have not been following during Osprey season.  The nest is very close to the ground because the Storks can't fly!

Today I find that the second cam has reverted to the birdie feeder we love - except it's been totally refurbished!  (Wish they'd zoom out just a teeny tad.)  Improved sound !!!  And look who popped in a few seconds after I started the download Chipmunk 

This was an incidental I came across on BirdwatchingHQ (you know how he hosts lots of cams unrelated to his own):

"Nocturnal thieves..."

IMAGICAT

•  Oh heck, I've forgotten where I got this.  Sue me!

"Hofi" (HOFI, actually) is the official alpha code abbreviation for HOuse FInch, I picked it up at Starr Ranch, where we've followed nesting for years, and it fits better with Hawk here.  That's my excuse, to save me doing the snap all over again Grin

IMAGICAT

• It's beautiful Scylla. you're so skillful with the frames too. Thank you

• With the aid of a serendipitous Chaffinch, I announce (1) my downloader has been fixed with a patch (so they're not a weekdays-only crew, after all!), and (2) the Glaslyn nest is ready for its spring/summer residents:

IMAGICAT

• Spot on Scylla, spot on !  Hoo -rah for the new season and our MC

• All's well at the Royal Albatross nest:

Glaslyn last evening:

IMAGICAT

• Bits and pieces without dates/times - internet probs.

LotL

A corvid on each perch on Pont Croesor, Glaslyn:

Beyond the bridge:

Royal Albatross

Chick is growing, parents can give it distance for short periods:

Boreal Ontario

Canada (Gray) Jay, seldom seen this winter - we're told that they stash food, so don't need the feeder as regularly as the other birds:

"Hundreds" of Common Redpoll and quite a few Pine Grosbeak - no Evening Grosbeak seen for days 'n days, and then it was only the odd one - as with Blue Jay lately.

Wow!  Look who turned up in the next clip:

Tammie is so conscientious - and lord knows how much the maintenance of this feeder station must cost Astonished Maybe they're subsidised by CornellLab, but their labour is beyond price.

That lot covers up to 04:15 this morning, when I had to reboot and re-set-up because of internet probs mentioned earlier.

IMAGICAT

• Re the LotL query Blackbird:

Unknown said:
    she might have been a little leucistic

Getta loada this!

IMAGICAT

• Well, leucistic birds do manage to attract a mate, but.  It might look 'pretty' but  it  isn't  right and I do  wonder about all the  chemicals that were  recently exceptionally dumped into the atmosphere and which are only now being remedied.

• The Royal Albatross chick is doing fine alone at night but the rabbits are still being a nuisance:

Glaslyn

Evening of 22nd, bit of the day, evening of 23rd - looks like there was a dominant swan among the group of Whoopers ???

LotL

A token snap of the oft-visiting corvid (I decided it's the same one as sometimes comes with a partner) - it did dig the nest a bit but didn't tip the bark slab over this time:

IMAGICAT

• Certainly unfazed chick with the  rabbits as big or bigger than  it. Thanks Scylla