2022/23 OFF-SEASON FREE-FOR-ALL, ***FEEDERS*** & Other Wildlife Cams

Please post here anything related to the thread title Blush 

Makov Animal Rescue Station

One of our favourites.

The Pond cam has remained throughout the year, with new-to-us maturing cygnets and fawns still at the bottle-feeding stage:

No table manners !!!

The second cam has been a White Stork nest, which I have not been following during Osprey season.  The nest is very close to the ground because the Storks can't fly!

Today I find that the second cam has reverted to the birdie feeder we love - except it's been totally refurbished!  (Wish they'd zoom out just a teeny tad.)  Improved sound !!!  And look who popped in a few seconds after I started the download Chipmunk 

This was an incidental I came across on BirdwatchingHQ (you know how he hosts lots of cams unrelated to his own):

"Nocturnal thieves..."

IMAGICAT

• Boreal Ontario

My Gray Jay

It tried the peanut butter but didn't like it:

Then a posh new feeder was put in the PB's place and the PB moved to the right side of the array:

Then a selfish squirrel dived at a birdie (Pine Grosbeak?) about to land, it turned tail in mid air and fled:

Gray Jay came back:

I'm having my central heating boiler replaced today, please cross your fingers for me, this has been so very traumatic Tired faceSleepy

IMAGICAT

• OMG Scylla dear - my heart goes out to you. I can well imagine the trauma and hassle (and if you don't  have a considerate workman) the mess , having gone through same a few years ago.

Fingers, toes , legs and everything I can are crossed.

And , I just love your assortment of birdies and frames today. Delightful, And, yes, a very posh feeder !

• Makov

The Great Egret's gait!

On the 15th about 95% of the visitors on the feeder were Great Tits - and that's a conservative estimate.  They were punctuated by Jay, Nuthatch, Blue Tit, Squirrel - but only occasionally.

Today so far the Tree Sparrows have turned up in numbers - here they were dispersed (temporarily) by a Pheasant:

Boreal Ontario

It's starting to be Christmas!  The Flying Squirrel ran off with an early Christmas dinner!

LG

Crestie - massively over-sharpened:

Packing up time!

IMAGICAT

• I've sent a msg on Facebook but it's not manned till Monday Tired face

IMAGICAT

• 17.12.22  A beautiful, snowy scene at LotL this morning

©SWT/LotL

• Sandra P said:
    A beautiful, snowy scene at LotL this morning

Oh!  I think I stopped downloading when the cam went down... months ago ???  I shall restart pronto - thanks so much Sandra, what a lovely scene Hugging

Not that I expect much activity in this weather, but we never know ;)

IMAGICAT

• Hi Scylla,

I took these on the 14th. The cam had been down for a day or two. I found this cheeky corvid rolling a piece of bark it had 'unearthed' from the grass at the front edge of the nest.

The cam was zoomed in

©SWT/LotL

• Scylla - at around 14:30 today. There was a little bit of activity after it had landed on the perch with a couple of corvids flying close - it did chase after one of them.

©SWT/LotL

• Makov

A carer tried to film the young deer while feeding them pretty browse:

Lowes

Sandra P said:
    at around 14:30 today. There was a little bit of activity after it had landed on the perch with a couple of corvids flying close - it did chase after one of them.

I've managed to crop off a corvid Tired face plus I can't ID the hawk/falcon Tired face

Boreal Ontario

New PB-spread bread put down, no Flying Squirrels overnight so it was waiting for the right birdies this morning, and the Gray Jays took advantage:

IMAGICAT

• LG Feeder

Poor little Robin at dawn - can the RSPB have run out of peanuts? Sleepy

IMAGICAT