Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 25 September 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON

I hope everyone has a serene, peaceful week.

The moon turns new on Sunday evening/night.

• Diane: Serene, peaceful...... I wish. But thank you! :-)
  • Serene, peaceful ....... what do those mean?

On the plus side Limpy and I have now been married for 23 years! One of us has the patience of a saint.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Clare - Probably both of you! Happy anniversary.
  • RUSTY – Very belated birthday wishes.

Happy Anniversary CLARE & LIMPY.

Yesterday OH slept most of day and between chores I often checked he was OK, hence I was away from computer (at far end of house). He is bothered by his slow recovery but seems slightly brighter today with another short walk down the street.

• aquilareen said:
    Yesterday OH slept most of day and between chores I often checked he was OK, hence I was away from computer (at far end of house). He is bothered by his slow recovery but seems slightly brighter today with another short walk down the street.

Sounds like he's improving.  Hope he's taking his tablets!  Limpy has just had his morning avalanche.  He's now down to 18 as he's just finished a course of antibiotics.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Thank you all for the birthday wishes. I really did have a lovely day.
    AQ - I hope your OH continues to recover. The slowness of it must be a bit frustrating to both of you.
    I hope everyone else is OK. I was glad to read that OG and EE had been out and about last week and that J had also been out.
    Lindy - I hope the kitchen is now getting organised and looking really good.
    Annette - do be careful whilst gardening. I cut the grass yesterday and was very pleased with myself afterwards!! It looks nice this morning.
    I am going for a local walk with a friend this morning and will, hopefully, be able to trace a bit of Wats Dyke in the opposite direction.
  • rusty2 said:
    Thank you all for the birthday wishes. I really did have a lovely day.

I was quite surprised to read that you're in your seventies!  For some reason I'd pictured someone younger.

Enjoy your walk!

• LINDY Glad Sue isn't moving too far away.

CLARE Well done on 23 years.

Annette We visited Santa Barbara on a similar tour to the one LYNETTE mentioned. We thought it was a lovely place. Can't say the same for LA or Las Vegas but there was no getting out of visiting them.
  • dibnlib said:
    Well done on 23 years.

By the standards of both of our families that's remarkably good going!

• That has cheered me up no end Clare!!!! Thank you. I try to stay active and am very fortunate not to have any creaky joints - yet!!!