Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 4 September 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a joyful week. 

Looks like the autumn rains are coming early here this year. Lots of electrical thunderstorms last week with power outages and more forecast for this week.

I woke up in the night once this week and nearly climbed up the wall because I thought a scorpion was in bed with me. It was only a very long Trig, though. A Trig is a grasshopper-like bug. That species tries to come indoors this time of year. I'm not afraid of them, but they're very loud and annoying. They make a sound like metal gears grinding. I relocated that one outdoors.

• Diane - I am thinking about you. Your currently have a lot of problems. Your head must feel like it wants to explode given all the decisions you have to make. Sending hugs.
    Annette - enjoy a rest. You have been so busy recently. Everything will wait.
    Heather - that thunderclap must have been scary. I don’t like storms.
    Lindy - you must be very proud of all your grandchildren as they go off to school. I have been watching the children walk past on their way to the local primary school. They look very smart. I laughed at the cartoon.
    I had a lovely 3 hours at my local RSPB reserve yesterday. People there are always so friendly and willing to share sightings. I saw a great white egret very close up and a kingfisher speeding past. Lots of ducks, waders and geese. I found a nice bench with a view for my picnic.
    Today I am doing my absolute favourite thing (not!!!!) - - - cleaning the house. I have so far done the bathroom and my bedroom. Coffee now.
  • Been reading through and note OG hasn't been feeling a 100% - do hope you will feel better soon.

Diane - see that you are having problems with Healthcare, hope you can sort it out to your satisfaction.

Annette - at least you have the house back to yourselves, glad to hear you managed to get the ironing done. Mine is
    beginning to pile up so will do it at the weekend.

AQ - pleased to hear you had a pleasant lunch with friend even if the food was overdressed.

• Lindybird - At least OH makes jam for you. All that foil should keep you going but how about getting the roasting tin with lid out just to show him he doesn't need to use so much foil !!!!

Well, we'll just have to see how our new Prime Minister performs - we got to give it a chance, no other choice at present.
  • HEATHER OH heard the thunderclap. I was out for the count.
  • Forgive me that I have not read back through the end of last week, so may well have missed important news. I shall start with the new week, and my thanks to DIANE!

DIANE – some really heavy thunderstorms in parts of the UK, but we have not heard more than a few distant rumbles so far. However we have had some heavy showers of the kind which accompany thunder – but we did say we needed rain for the garden! We have also had more warm, even hot, days and nights and many Butterflies in the garden when the sun shines. Sorry things are so overwhelming there – and especially sorry about the roof – I really had thought this would be the year you could get it sorted out!

AQ – loved the “seniors guide to texting” – especially new interpretation of IMHO! So pleased your OH appreciated Father’s Day party!

LINDA – woops – I forgot about the no politics rule! Forgive me!

DIBNLIB – I hope Benson is feeling better – difficult when we don’t actually know what is wrong and they can’t tell us.

ANNETTE – good to see that you relaxed when family left – hopefully some peaceful weeks to follow.

ALL I HAVEN’T MENTIONED – sorry, but good to hear from you!

We had our podiatrist here this morning – only one toe sporting a dressing – and all less painful. We also had the joiner on Monday to finally fit the hall cabinet – why didn’t we have it done years ago?! OH has reached the bottom of the ironing pile today – we had too much Monday to expect cleaner to do it all, so we selected most urgent items for her.
  • I too, have been wondering about Benson, although I didn't mention him. (My poor brain!) Hope it's better news today, dibnlib.

We've just been for lunch out as my OH had a restaurant gift voucher. We both plumped for their excellent fish & chips, after reading the menu from cover to cover and salivating. Now I'm sleepy after having a glass of wine in the middle of the day.
  • Casserole in oven for this eve & 2 future meals. On and off showers last 2 days. Raining now.
  • Good Morning. We had more rain last evening, and even a brief thunderstorm complete with thunder, lightning and downpour!

OG: Sounds as if things are going along better, there. Hope the cabinet is a big improvement. I could write reams about politics and my opinions, but expect so could we all! It would probably take over the threads!

Dry here today but showers could return later. I need to do more HW and sorting of stuff. It seems to breed. We've sent for a new kitchen bin with twin holders for both rubbish and recycling, as we recycle so much now its taking over and needs containment! How exciting!! LOL!
  • Today's quotes:

Golfer's prayer -- May I live long enough to shoot my own age.

You know you're getting older when you wake up with that morning after feeling and you didn't do anything the night before.
  • OG - so glad you are pleased with your hall cabinet and that the podiatrist came.
    Dibnlib - do hope Benson is OK.
    Lindy - very exciting order of a new bin!!!! Glad you enjoyed your meal out yesterday.
    AQ - good for the batch cooking. I am determined to turn my “marrow” into ratatouille tomorrow and then freeze it in portions.
    Heather - I hope you are feeling a bit more like doing things.
    I have been to my local supermarket this morning. I think I have said before that it is a bit like a social club. I had long chats with 3 people I hadn’t seen for a while. Nice to catch up with their news.