Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 4 September 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a joyful week. 

Looks like the autumn rains are coming early here this year. Lots of electrical thunderstorms last week with power outages and more forecast for this week.

I woke up in the night once this week and nearly climbed up the wall because I thought a scorpion was in bed with me. It was only a very long Trig, though. A Trig is a grasshopper-like bug. That species tries to come indoors this time of year. I'm not afraid of them, but they're very loud and annoying. They make a sound like metal gears grinding. I relocated that one outdoors.

• Thank you for starting us off, Diane. How scary! I would have been in the next room, pronto! Never heard of a trig, but pleased to hear they're harmless!

Grey skies here. Yesterday we had about a dozen big drops of rain but that was it. Don't think it's going to rain properly till tonight. That will be a novelty.

I hope everyone has a good week.
  • Thank you, Diane, for the start of another week. Can't believe how often them come around!

I think I would have been in the next county, never mind the next room, if I were to find something like that in my bed! Aarrgghh!!!

I had a lovely day at Hickstead yesterday. I wasn't able to renew my annual membership this year, but so enjoyed renewing friendships and seeing some show jumping. Going again next weekend which will be the end of the season.

Hope everyone has a good week ahead. The weather forecast appears to show almost every sort of weather imaginable - although perhaps not snow! Strengthening thoughts to all who are struggling in any way.
  • Thank you, Diane, for the start of another week. Can't believe how often them come around!

I think I would have been in the next county, never mind the next room, if I were to find something like that in my bed! Aarrgghh!!!

I had a lovely day at Hickstead yesterday. I wasn't able to renew my annual membership this year, but so enjoyed renewing friendships and seeing some show jumping. Going again next weekend which will be the end of the season.

Hope everyone has a good week ahead. The weather forecast appears to show almost every sort of weather imaginable - although perhaps not snow! Strengthening thoughts to all who are struggling in any way.
  • Thank you for starting off yet another week Diane. I would be with Pat - well out of sight if I found something like that in my bed!!!
    Pat - glad you got to Hickstead. It must have been lovely to meet up with old friends.
    I have just had a text from a friend asking if I would like to go for our usual Sunday morning walk (I was just supposed to go to hers for coffee as she has a bad foot) So, now it’s a walk down a country lane. We chat and have a good catch up then, by the time I get home, it will be lunchtime.
    I need the exercise as yesterday I sat and read a whole detective book, one of a series which a friend has got me hooked on!!! My giant courgette got bigger as I didn’t have time to pick it and turn it into ratatouille!!!
  • DIANE Rather you than me!!!! Thanks for starting the week.
  • DIANE - Thank you for starting us off. I would have freaked out finding that in my bed. I found a big spider in the bath this morning - that was bad enough !
    AQ - I hope that Fathers Day went well ..

• Hello Diane and thanks for beginning the week for us. Do hope you don't get flooded out. We still need some of that rain here in the UK as we have not had a decent rainfall - especially where I am located - for months.

Pat O - How lovely that you were able to watch the show jumping at Hickstead. Enjoy next weekend too.

Been an overcast day here but no sign of rain. Ended up having lunch in the conservatory as it was too dull to eat out on the patio. Not sure whether we'll get any more Sundays eating outside but you never know..
  • Fathers Day over with phone call from Dau#1 and visit from Dau#2 & appendages. Trio had their homemade cards & family gift of OH’s favourite chocs. S-i-l was busy replacing fluoro tube (ending our “romantic” dinners) and setting up my new printer. I could not have done it myself as no cable included and he had to connect to WIFI. All seems rather magic to me. . . and I once worked with computers! How they have changed in 50 years. A’tea was the usual sausage rolls from freezer plus cheese & bics plus Tim Tams (choc bics). It doesn’t take much to tire me now, I was so exhausted by bedtime, I could not sleep for hours. This morn OH gave me a hug & thanked me for his party. Perhaps too he is aware of his recent grumpiness.

• DIANE – Thank you for starting us off. Your trig looks a little like an earwig which we see inside occasionally. I don’t mind them. . . but I have never had one in bed.

• Senior’s guide to texting

WTT where’s the thingy?
    IMD in my day
    CUAGC see you at the garden centre
    IMHO is my hearing aid on?
    GOC gone on cruise
    SYI spending your inheritance