Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 14 August 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a joyful, serene week. 

I've read all of your news. I have a lot of important tasks with time deadlines weighing on me right now, and I can't seem to summon much energy to do them. I'll catch up with you all soon. 

Take care of yourselves. Those in the U.K., stay cool!

• Thank you so much for starting us off, Diane, especially when you've got other pressing things on your time. I do hope that all can go well for you in all your endeavours and plans.

A very hot night here, which in the UK we're not used to, nor prepared for. Very few people have air conditioning, having been busy trying to keep warm for most months of the year.

Thankfully this may all end tonight with thunderstorms in many places.

• Good morning all and thanks to Diane for starting us off even though you are busy.

Well another day here in stifling Suffolk - almost 30 degrees but should drop a bit tomorrow. Wether we will get any rain is another question.

Ive done Nanny duty in London and at the end of the month I will be off to Silverstone to help with Sephi and Luna.

I hope all those with problems or ailments can look forward to things easing.

Better go now as Church beckons. Have a good week all.

• DIANE – Thank you again. Can you find time to visit your wildlife to relax? I hope all goes well with the latest deadlines.

OG – Difficult for you if J is not coping. Just remember we do take things out on our nearest & dearest, so try to let his wingeing flow past you.

LINDA – No acrobatics please; keep those feet firmly placed. Seriously I hope you are not too sore.

RUSTY – Thank you for the mini tour of Liverpool.

• Just a thought

The only normal people are the ones you don’t know very well. (Alfred Adler)

To know one’s self is wisdom, but not to know one’s neighbour is genius. (Minna Antrim)

Ironing boards are surfboards that gave up their dreams and got a boring job. Don’t be an ironing board.

• Good morning, it’s still hot here and I am driving to a family barbecue in Cheshire!!!!!!! I imagine we will retire inside to eat.
    Diane thanks for starting us off amidst all your deadlines.
    Harelady - well done with all the nanny duty.
    Hope all the Brits are keeping cool. Personally, I can’t wait for the cooler weather to arrrive tonight. As you say Lindy, our houses are not equipped for it. They are built to keep us warm in winter!!!! The air conditioning in the hotel in Liverpool was LOVELY!!!
  • Still hot here - went to visit Sue, & take her some of our plums. Her house was markedly cooler than ours, as she has a blank wall where the sun hits in the mornings. She gave us some Turkish Delight from Turkey, as some of her family have just returned from there (Where it was hot, too!).

Our house is south facing, with big windows & a conservatory. Have all blinds down, and windows closed. When I went into the kitchen, to prepare lunch, it was 29 degrees!! Am now in front of the house, in cool(er) sitting room. With a fan on. Dread the bill now as used so many fans lately :-(
  • Went to sit in the garden mid afternoon. About 20 mins later the skies started to darken so it was time to head back inside. Just in time as we have had a spectacular thunderstorm. Hope it stays dry for the rest of the day as we are off to Eden Court this evening to see "Blazing Fiddles". We hope to park about a 10 min walk away and could get soaked if we get heavy rain again.
  • AQ -- No not too sore, thanks just tender. Enjoyed your quotes today!! :-))
  • Back from the barbecue. We did sit outside but my sister and her OH have a gazebo so we were in the shade. Excellent food. Lovely to see my great nephews and niece playing.
    Hope the storm stays away for you Dibnlib. They clouds are gathering here but it is still hot.
  • Good Morning. Cloudier here and cooler temps promised today. Thank goodness. I put a thermometer in our bedroom yesterday, and it was 33 degrees at 5.30pm! It had cooled down to about 27 degrees in the late evening, but we had an uncomfortable night. Our room is in what was the attic, and is well insulated against the winter cold.

(Edit: We had tuna fish sandwiches one night, as I couldn't face cooking. The next might I cooked some pork & mushrooms, wearing just shorts and a bra!! )

Rusty, you've had a busy time lately. Glad you enjoyed the BBQ.

We've had a bumper crop of plums, and my OH has been busily distributing them around our friends and neighbours. Also put some in the freezer to enjoy in the winter. My OH is now investigating to find a long extendable pair of loppers so that he can cut some of our trees & other tall plants, without going up a ladder. Thank goodness.