Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 7 August 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON! 

I hope everyone has a safe, joyful, and healthy week. I'm so sorry to read that so many of you or your families have contracted covid. To all of you coping with adversity of one kind or another, I wish you strength and peace. 

The moon turns full on the night of 11-12 August (depending on your location). 

• Hello again. I have recovered from my rant - guess how???? By a visit to the hygienist!!! What a day!!!!
    Interesting to hear that some of you are of the same opinion re the supermarket.
    It’s hot! I am going away for 2 days tomorrow - all the way to Liverpool. I am meeting up with 6 friends I was at grammar school with over 50 years ago. We are staying the night. We have a trip on the ferry booked and a visit to the Tate Modern planned. Other than that it sounds as if it will be nice meals and lots of chat. We do meet up regularly but this is a new venture staying the night somewhere. I am travelling by bus and Merseyrail. I don’t fancy driving into Liverpool.
  • Have a lovely time, Rusty. How good to meet up and have a group reunion. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. We looked at the waterfront museums and architecture in Liverpool when we were passing through, recently. We promised ourselves to come back and see them properly some time - it's surprisingly near to us, on the motorway. Look forward to hearing all about it!

It's been darned hot here, and I did the ironing this morning but had to give up by lunchtime. Tomorrow and the next few days are going to be even hotter. Ho hum.
  • Good Morning getting up today in Siege mode, with shutting of all windows & blinds being the only way to keep out the extreme heat. We are just in the danger zone, with the Lake District & the rest of the North West above us escaping the worst. Goodness knows what it must be like in the centre of London, where its the worst, and it's so unpleasant in cities.

Lots of talk on the TV about the future energy crisis -- friends of my OH say they've bought candles in case of winter power cuts, and everyone talking about ways to keep warm. Pity we can't bottle up this present heat!!

Everyone have a good day.
  • Yes, Lindy. I fear my house will be very hot when I get back tomorrow. I think it will be hot on the bus and the train. On Monday I noted that the air conditioning co-signed of having all the windows open!!! There are already notices on them telling us to wear lots of layers in the winter when they will still be open!! What a country!!!
    I am very much looking forward to my trip to Liverpool and to meeting up with my old friends.
    I hope everyone here keeps cool for the next few days. I think staying in and staying still is probably the best tactic.
  • Have a great trip RUSTY; lots of chatter! Yes, I shall keep cool <grin> I love our winter weather.

• Rusty - If you've pulled all your blinds & curtains, then your house will probably be alright. Enjoy your exciting trip!

Today's quotes:

The older I grow the more I distrust the familiar doctrine that age brings wisdom. H. L. Mencken

Young men think that old men are fools: but old men know young men are fools. George Chapman.

• RUSTY I also agree and never ever use the self service at Tesco.
  • Morning all: Just popping in to read all your news, but too busy to respond to anyone..... Things should slow down.......??