Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 31 July 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH!

I hope everyone has a joyful, serene week and a wonderful August! Summer is going fast.

I saw a Ruby-Throated Hummingbird outside the window of my enclosed porch this morning. I felt blessed because the hummingbirds will be leaving soon. They don't stay deep into autumn; they're usually long gone on their migration journey by the time the chill sets in here 

• AQ - so sorry to hear about your daughter and Miss J. I really hope you and your OH don’t catch it.
    I have had another of “those” mornings. All good. I went to the local town on the bus to meet a friend for coffee. Between us we must have bumped into almost 10 people to have a chat to. We were ages getting to the cafe!!! I suppose that living and working in the same place for over 40 years will do that. I do like it.
    I have just changed the filter on my hoover. A job I have been meaning to do for ages. There was dust everywhere. If I had been thinking more clearly I would have done it outside!!!!
  • Good afternoon, all. Well I have joined the hordes of those testing positive for Covid. I went out to lunch on Sunday with a couple of friends - one of them tested positive yesterday, the second this morning and me just now. Hey ho - I guess it's my turn. At the moment all I have is an annoying tickly cough, and am very tired. Hope it doesn't get any worse than that. I have had to try to find others to cover my weekend activities, and just hope I'll be fit by Monday for a very busy week ahead. Optimistic? Maybe ... but hoping I will be back to normal by Monday.

Hope everyone else is coping with the inconsistencies of life. AQ - hope your family all recover quickly. Heather - there is a famous photograph of Churchill putting a brick into 'his' wall. I don't think he built it all - it's very long and very high!
  • ANNETTE So sorry to hear your sad news.
  • Hi, all! Where have I been hiding? What have I been doing? No good asking me!

DIANE – thanks for starting us off with the Hummingbird.

HARELADY – glad you had a welcome drop of rain at the weekend – hope you will get further showers from time to time (preferably night-time). We seem to have a good balance of rain and sun here. Glad your daughter and granddaughters fitted in a visit. I hope the nannying for your son will not be too tiring.

LINDA – I see you gave in over the dessert with Sunday lunch! Good that you could share it. I envy you your beans – first year without runner beans for us, and OH says there are none in the shops! Sorry the afternoon upset your eating pattern – I find I need to stick to very regular meals now.

ANNETTE – I hope you will have a calmer time for a while when GD and GGD leave on Saturday. Rest and be kind to yourself.

AQ – sorry some of the family now have covid – and I hope you and OH don’t get it.

PAT – sorry you now have covid – I hope it will be a mild occurrence as mine was. Glad you found cover for the weekend – and do take care with your busy week ahead – you must be prepared to duck out of some of the meetings if you are not up to full strength.

We went to church last Sunday – I do remember that! But can’t remember the afternoon at all. Monday was our 54th wedding anniversary. We tried to go out for evening meal – booked a table, but a total failure – half the menu was off, rain poured and abandoned the visit. OH bought a takeaway on the way home but no choice for me, so I had some toast! He can’t remember my likes and dislikes – even his card (yes, he did remember one of them) upset me as there was a bowl of spaghetti on the front – yuk – so I made him chuck it in the bin! Ali finished the shower room Monday morning and Tuesday OH scrubbed the doors as they were really shown up by the finished tile work – he wouldn’t let the cleaners do them before as he claimed to be cleaning them with some special product. I have now insisted that the whole shower can be properly clean all the time! Haven’t done much today as he and another man met at the church to take photos there of some water damage for insurance purposes. Hope he will eventually start cleaning the deck tomorrow, but still waiting for my access to it via the garage. Maybe next summer!
  • Oh, OG - I hope you were joking about the card ! I'd give anything to have my OH back, card or no card.....
  • Heather- have to agree with you. My OH was notorious for forgetting cards and gifts but made up for it by his obvious love in many other ways. I miss him greatly!
  • We're back home after a record breaking journey back, as my OH didn't want to stop, and we didn't get caught up in any roadworks, either!! Warm sunshine at home and our garden looks more green than ever, as its had both rain & sunshine whilst we've been away.

My OH took Bonnie into the garden for a quick wash with warm water and shampoo, as she is off to see the Vet again tomorrow for another check of her ears. Her usually white chest was grey, probably because she's been rushing around on the beach.

Congrats to OG and EE, on your anniversary. What a shame about your meal -- a non event. I hope you can have a better experience, another time.

Annette - You're being kept busy by visitors and events. Perhaps just as well. Take care of yourself.

• Sorry about your meal out OG but congrats on 54 years.
  • Good Morning. Bright start here. My OH has shot off early, and I have lots to do today, so will sign off rightaway, and come back later. Have a good day, everyone.