Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 31 July 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MONTH!

I hope everyone has a joyful, serene week and a wonderful August! Summer is going fast.

I saw a Ruby-Throated Hummingbird outside the window of my enclosed porch this morning. I felt blessed because the hummingbirds will be leaving soon. They don't stay deep into autumn; they're usually long gone on their migration journey by the time the chill sets in here 

• Thank you Diane. A shame your hummingbird season is so short.

Really busy here. Granddaughter arrived back with more of daughter's stuff at lunchtime. I'm making sure the two of them get some fun time in before they head home next Saturday....

Have a good Sunday all.
  • DIANE - Thank you for starting our week and for the beautiful hummingbird. In our front garden two rainbow lorikeets continue to feast on the flowers of OH’s Aussie shrub. They squawk and fly off whenever I go in or out. I say “no panic, it’s only me”.

ANNETTE – Your g-dau will get RSI from all that driving. Thank you for the explanation of RV. A trailer is a sort-of tray on 2 wheels that is towed. Who would have thought our countries both communicate in English!

Our Sunday started sunny. I managed some weeding but I can’t see what I’ve done as it was in the “No Mans Land” between crabapple and fence. Sun was balanced by chilly wind. Now it is sprinkling with rain, enough to deter OH from his walk. What are brollies for?

• Many thanks to Diane for starting us off. We do appreciate it!

AQ - I loved the hoarder quotes, too. Sorry its boring winter weather there.

Annette - Good that things are going on apace. Don't feel you have to find time to come on here.

OG - Hope that J can get confidence to drive himself around.

It rained & rained here - it can stop now its given the plants a drink!!! Grey skies at present. We're booked at our favourite pub for lunch, but have vowed not to eat dessert, which is included in the price of the set Sunday lunch offer - we both felt too full last time, afterwards! Our old stomachs can't eat as they used to! I cooked a nice piece of fillet steak each last night with onions, mushrooms and our own potatoes & peas, yum. (No dessert!)
  • Happy Sunday all! I hope all who have illness or worries about family members, can find strength to get them through difficult times.

We had rain in Suffolk overnight which was much needed as we have had a lot of field fires, some started deliberately by thoughtless idiots.

I had a visit last week from Daughter, with Seraphina and Luna and we had a lovely time. This is the only week she can off with the girls as her company have black-out for August and September as they sort and grade seeds and grains from farms following the harvest. The girls are growing up so fast.

Today would have been my youngest Daughters 37th Birthday - I buy her a card every year and its on the mantlepiece near her photos.

I had a 24hr ECG monitor fitted Friday evening and have to take it back Monday am - just another test to try and eliminate causes of dizziness.

Well I need to get ready to leave for Church so will wish you all good wishes and thoughts for the coming week.

• Many thanks to Diane for starting us off. We do appreciate it!

AQ - I loved the hoarder quotes, too. Sorry its boring winter weather there.

Annette - Good that things are going on apace. Don't feel you have to find time to come on here.

OG - Hope that J can get confidence to drive himself around.

It rained & rained here - it can stop now its given the plants a drink!!! Grey skies at present. We're booked at our favourite pub for lunch, but have vowed not to eat dessert, which is included in the price of the set Sunday lunch offer - we both felt too full last time, afterwards! Our old stomachs can't eat as they used to! I cooked a nice piece of fillet steak each last night with onions, mushrooms and our own potatoes & peas, yum. (No dessert!)
  • Thank you for starting us off again Diane and lovely for you to see the beautiful hummingbird.
    OG - I hope you and EE both got to church this morning.
    Lindy - it rained here too overnight but the sun has now come out. I am hoping to be able to cut the grass this afternoon. I hope you enjoy your lunch out. Maybe you could get a doggie bag for the dessert and take it back to the caravan for tea!!!!
    I had an unexpected walk this morning, a friend texted to ask if I would like to go. I got dressed hastily and went. We had a lovely walk and chatted all the time. We are taking our friend with the broken arm out for an Indian meal tonight. I think she will manage but we can help if necessary.
  • Morning all:  

Lindybird: No hassles about coming on here at all - it's nice to know you're all doing sort of normal things while we run around like chickens with our heads cut off!.   Seriously, things seem to be settling down here in terms of the move and various adjustments.  Hope your thumb isn't too sore now.

Harelady:  I think of your youngest now and then.  Warm hugs to you on her birthday.  Meanwhile, what kind of business does your daughter work at where they sort seeds, etc.?   My friend's niece works in California's Central Valley for a company that distributes locally grown peaches, plums, grapes, nectarines etc.,  and she never has a minute free between July and mid-October.

Rusty: Sounds like you have some nice friends handy for impromptu outings. Nice to take your injured friend out for a meal.

AQ:  We also call those carts with two-wheels trailers.  Seems to be anything that is pulled behind a motorized vehicle.

OG Roadworks are an international summer hazard from what I see.   Recliner is currently taking up the entire rear of daughter's SUV parked outside.  We've located Someone With Muscles to help move it.  Good luck to J with his driving.

Take care all. .

• We've had a wonderfully relaxing day - the sun came out and it was pleasantly warm. Pottered around, then went for our lunch where we enjoyed roast beef (him) and salmon in sauce (me) followed by a shared plate of cheesecake. Didn't want anything else until 8.30 this evening! Watched some of the exciting ladies' Football Final.

Harelady, nice that you were able to see some of the family. I hope they can solve the mystery of your feeling dizzy. I sympathise, as I once had a session of unexplained light headedness and it was never solved.

Lovely hummingbird, Diane. Wish we had them.

We have bats flying around, here. I don't think all of the residents notice them, or if they do, they probably think they're small birds. They must roost in a nearby farmers barn.
  • LINDA – Yum. Can I come too next time?

Email from Dau to say Miss10’s best friend has gone home from school having tested covid positive. Dau signed herself “Yours possibly infectiously”. I shall have to stay away until the all clear.

A lovely sunny day, perfect for photos. Only problem – forecasters said showers so I stayed in. I can’t weed 2 days in a row without upsetting my back.

• Annette my Daughter works for a large agromony company that provide all sorts of services to farmers and estates. They take in seeds and grains from all the farms and grades them before they are sold to various food companies and breweries etc. That is just a small part of what they do.

Nice to hear from everyone else - have a good week. I am working 3 days this week then off the do Nanny duty in SE London for my Son's 2 - James and Lily.