LOCH GARTEN - July 2022

(LG June 2022 thread)

Our Ospreys

"Axel", Blue AX6(16) male (yes he does have strong chest markings), a single chick (possibly from 3 eggs) hatched Glen Affric, near Beauly, seen Lossiemouth 2020, then at LG in 2021

"Mistle"- Female - Unringed - partnered Axel in 2021.

Axel & Mistle fled the nest May 2021 due to unknown intruders.

HATCH #1 - 11 June @ 05:30

HATCH #2 - 13 June @ 04:11 (first sighting)

AT RINGING - Quote RSPB Abernethy Facebook "The male BLUE 1C2 is thought to be the older one at 1.5kgs with the female BLUE 1C1 being the younger one at 1.5kgs."

RSPB Video Channel - Osprey, GOSHAWK! Barn Owls: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl8QdQ9ZaBT65tF1yOmbMBQ

All pictures & videos ©RSPB LochGarten & WildlifeWindows 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Important Notice

Our informally, fondly named Black heartMistleBlack heart has been renamed officially by public vote HeartASHAHeart 

IMAGICAT

• scylla said:
    not naming the chicks almost seems like punishment.

I'm sure that people on here could think of something suitable ..... to make up for MISTLE being unforgivably blanked.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Clare Bailey said:

scylla said:
    not naming the chicks almost seems like punishment.

.. to make up for MISTLE being unforgivably blanked.

don't hold your breath Clare. the members and the whole ethos of this thread has been totally disrspected by RSPB with no apology..

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• trevor l said:

Fish at 13 38 Looked to be fair size

trevor l said:
    13 56 Possible Intruder !!!

Here you are, TREVOR - framed to celebrate your conscientious observation on our behalf Hugging

The pancaked chicks were well camouflaged!

Clare Bailey said:
    I'm sure that people on here could think of something suitable ..... to make up for MISTLE being unforgivably blanked.

Hello YOOOOOOU Heart

I'm hanging fire to see if Fergus has any more to say on the matter - there's been little support on Fergus's blog and nothing from him since.

CRinger said:
    don't hold your breath Clare. the members and the whole ethos of this thread has been totally disrspected by RSPB with no apology..

At least you've done something good, CLARE, and brought CRINGER back to LG Forum life Rofl

IMAGICAT

• And nice to see you CLARE! Thank you TREVOR for your reports particularly given the difficulties. It really is much appreciated.
    I've been out today so haven't followed the day's action. But it is good to see three good fish have beenbrought in.
    I'm on my tablet which is ashame as the light is beautiful. Asha is standing on one leg, over the sleeping chicks and facing our way.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• 13 July cont'd

Someone will tell me this has all been covered already but I'm ploughing on...

Rather a strange-looking fish:

INTRUDER !!!  Probably TREVOR's returning.  It stayed for half an hour, until Asha lost patience and gave chase - altho it didn't leave the area instantly, according to her watchfulness:

A little close-up of the chicks while they wait for supper...

...but no supper fish arrived Frowning2 

IMAGICAT

• 14 July

Asha stretched and flew off @ 03:09:

Back 40 minutes later via the "pole":

1C1 does some exercises.  I'd love to know how they aged and sexed them:

Asha has been in 'n out numerous times, she brought a small ball of licheny stuff and twigs, and sorted sticks.

Axel not seen since delivering the 18:39 fish - unless you know different, I could have missed him.  I am still suffering from mega-multi tech difficulties.

I'm off for cooking and eating duties.

IMAGICAT

• I came back here for a rest after unblocking the kitchen sink (thereby hangs a tale) - and found our family eating Blush

Axel had brought a fine headless fish:

IMAGICAT

• Yep, give him his due, a very fine fish indeed.  He's goingHugging to raise this family  

and next year these two  will be a wonderful pair - but I'll still refer to her as Mistle,

• 11.45 an intruder around

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/