MANTON BAY - JULY 2022

Continued from Manton Bay June 2022 

Details about the Manton Bay nest can be found on the season’s opening post 

The season so far:    Maya returned 15 March @ 10:21 & Blue 33(11) on 21 March @ 17:29.  Egg #1 laid 31 March @ c 23:30 & hatched 09 May @ 23:02, Egg #2 laid 03 April @ 18:31 & hatched 10 May @ 12:30 and Egg #3 laid 06 April @ 20:30 & hatched 12 May @ 08:24.  On 20 June the chicks were ringed with their unique blue darvics.  Chick #1 was fitted with 1H1, #2 with 1H2 and #3 with 1H3.  All chicks were females and full details of their biometric data can be found here

© Leicestershire & Rutland Wildlife Trust

• Hello Karen a big thank you from us too for your fantastic coverage of this nest and everyone else across all the other nests. This family has seemed to be so lovely this year and we can't wait to get back to see them again soon! Trouble is after the disaster last year on Glaslyn nest we said that if Mrs G and Aran come back we have to go and see them!
    So the Welsh nests is a bit of a project this year but we are definitely aiming to get back again soon :-):-)
  • Morning All

06:55  Fish

quickly snatched by 1H2

who soon loses it to 1H1

1H1 tucks in while its siblings wait

Hopefully she doesn't fly off with it and the others get their share

• LAM - lovely to hear from you and as far as updates, its my pleasure for as you say this is a lovely family.
    And I think it is lovely that you are visiting the Welsh nests and seeing Mrs G and Aran as she is wonderful - totally amazing. Enjoy your time and if and when you get back to Rutland, as usual we will all enjoy hearing about it.

And of course, I will be looking out for any updates you care to share with us on Mrs G and her family and any other nests you visit. Enjoy :-)
  • 07:22   1H3 takes the fish from 1H1

tucks in

and then flies off with the fish!!

Maya briefly lands followed by 1H2 who is wet - perhaps trying to catch her own?

1H2 fish calls and Maya, who has returned, potters about the nest

Hopefully 33 brings another fish soon as 1H2 and Maya still to be fed

• 10:07  Another large, headless fish delivery

quickly snatched 

33 flies off followed by Maya

10:09   Another fish - I think Maya may have brought this one to the nest but whoever - it was caught within 2 minutes of the last delivery!!!

quickly taken by the other chick

A fish each and both chicks tucking in

amazing - what wonderful parents these two are

• 10:46  Once finished, 1H2 takes off with the fish

Maya now waits, hoping that this one remains on the nest for her to have a share!

• Morning All and thank you for the updates Karen.
    Can't wait until we retire so we can provide more input to the threads especially this one Karen....... Not saying it's our favourite but...... :-)
    Yes thank you Karen, definitely intend to do some on the spot reports from Glaslyn nests when we go in August and find out information on the other nests in the valley too if possible. Trying to sneak into MB for a weekend if possible too before or after! Will share all with you!
    Dyfi was difficult to do any reports as too busy and more of a corporate going on but absolutely amazing place! And of course seeing Idris and Telyn too lol!
    Will be great to see the family flying around the MB can't wait! Need to retire urgently or just work from October to February!:-)
  • Maya moves closer hoping to get a share of the fish and  1H2 returns with the fish still in talon!

Maya now takes the fish and tucks in

Maya continues to tuck in along side1H2 who is tucking into her fish again

• LAM - lovely you got to Dyfi and seeing the family especially with Telyn being Maya's daughter!!

I hope you have a great time visiting all the nests and yes. I bet retirement can't come quick enough.
  • Maya has enjoyed a good feast

she is now joined by 1H3 who picks up the other fish left by 1H2

Maya tucks in again as does 1H3

and then 1H3 takes off with the fish!!

Hopefully 1H3 holds on to it as it is the second fish she has flown off with this morning.