LOCH GARTEN June 2022

All quiet on the Osprey front. Mistle started gently food soliciting, then quiet, then stood up to reveal.........

,, what appeared to be a half eaten rainbow trout! No doubt Scylla will be able to get a much sharper image than me. All this happened about 5:45.  It was as stiff as a board. When was that delivered?

Afrer faffing around getting images 1 of them has come back to the nest and is incubating - can't tell which. 

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• On my way out for a bit. SYAL

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Maybe because the male has a darvic ring, so will be called AX6 after that.

Richard B

• Lynn L said:
    I do note they are saying for the female? Wonder why not the male also.

Up until recently they were referring to him as Axel, so I think that's who he's going to be.  When you consider his ring number (and the nebulous connection with Scandi-Odin) it's a no-brainer, really.

OR... as RICHARD says Confounded

IMAGICAT

• scylla said:
    OR... as RICHARD says

Because, thinking about it...

I've only ever been here in the Odin era, and "EJ" was always a name to me, not a ring number.  Then other names like Henry cropped up frequently and imprinted themselves - so it dodn't occur to me that it's only UNRINGED birds that get named.

So we're probably stuck with AX6, whch is cumbersome, so I shall continue with Axel unless I get an official telling-off (in which case I'd be so mortified I'd probably disappear altogether).

IMAGICAT

• You certainly mustn’t disappear altogether Scylla. We can’t do without you. We rely on your observations, videos etc. You are essential to this group. There are others too who are much appreciated by us lurkers.
  • Thanks for the link Scylla, I’m ready to cast my vote for Mistle !
  • Signed up, and raring to go!

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• JaneV said:
    Thanks for the link Scylla, I’m ready to cast my vote for Mistle !

so AT LAST - RSPB Video decide to move and copy what I did when naming EJ! What a tribute and what a surprise! I am torn........... should I add my name to the Mistle list? Or continue to laugh at the ineptitude and statements of RSPB video from early May that the names would be announced soon? On balance the latter, unless they confirm the male's name is Axel. I know many on here will continuie to call them Axel and Mistle whatever the vote says. I for one. 

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• 21:40 MISTLE is brooding........ looking for signs of AXEL with FOTD #3.

• bluesky2 said:
    You certainly mustn’t disappear altogether Scylla. We can’t do without you. We rely on your observations, videos etc. You are essential to this group. There are others too who are much appreciated by us lurkers.

You can't go Scylla. If you go then I go. This forum wouldn't be the same without you.