LOCH GARTEN June 2022

All quiet on the Osprey front. Mistle started gently food soliciting, then quiet, then stood up to reveal.........

,, what appeared to be a half eaten rainbow trout! No doubt Scylla will be able to get a much sharper image than me. All this happened about 5:45.  It was as stiff as a board. When was that delivered?

Afrer faffing around getting images 1 of them has come back to the nest and is incubating - can't tell which. 

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Another view of last evening's fish live-snapped by KORKY - small but perfickly formed:

02 June

Second helping from first fish:

When Mistle took a third helping from her first fish, she wouldn't let Axel have any, she fled with it:

Mistle waiting for Axel to get up:

That's up to 08:25.

IMAGICAT

• Scylla said:

Another view of last evening's fish live-snapped by KORKY - small but perfickly formed:

I have never met Korky but always take Scylla's word for it.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Someone in live chat just said it is fascinating to watch what is probably a new pair breeding.
    I have to copy and paste my reply written from the heart:

12:54 PM
    Andy Simkins
    ​@Kevin Harwood I agree - it is fascinating - and if they get it right and we see chicks hatch and fledge we are watching the start of a new dynasty that could last a decade or more. ALLEZ LG!

• 13L:11 intruder repeatedly divebombs Mistle! Scylla - you are needed!!!

• 13:14 attacked still continuing! HELP SCYLLA!

• By the look of the foot tag (AX8), it is Axel that was trying to get in the nest
  • If you look at 13:10:33 the bird divebombing certainly has a blue ring - but is it Axel divebombing the intruder or a blue ringed intruder divebombing Mistle?

• Also see a blue ring at the attack at 13:10:30 on the attacker.

• Did you mean to type AX8? Axel is AX6.

Smiles, Jan.

• Scylla we need your ability to produce clean close up snaps!!!!
    What I do know:

​If you look at 13:10:33 the bird divebombing certainly has a blue ring - but is it Axel divebombing the intruder or a blue ringed intruder divebombing Mistle?