LOCH GARTEN June 2022

All quiet on the Osprey front. Mistle started gently food soliciting, then quiet, then stood up to reveal.........

,, what appeared to be a half eaten rainbow trout! No doubt Scylla will be able to get a much sharper image than me. All this happened about 5:45.  It was as stiff as a board. When was that delivered?

Afrer faffing around getting images 1 of them has come back to the nest and is incubating - can't tell which. 

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• She's back with sweet chirrups. Arranges sticks on the edge of the nest in considerable wind. Axel arises and flies off 12.37, edit to 17.37. Mistle back on.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Are you in the right zone, CC?  Wink

Here's the Pike delivery and to-and-fros till Mistle finally settles.  The cam's glitching.  The eggs are serene.

There isn't any better view of the fish than your snap, CRINGER - here it is a bit closer:

IMAGICAT

• Wow Scylla. I wasn't sure. Now I am. PIKE it is. Or rather was!

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• scylla said:
    Are you in the right zone, CC?

HAHAHA, you are correct ma'am. I'm zoned out. Perhaps I should join CRinger for a drink! 5 hrs behind. I'm off again. SYAL.

• I'm back briefly and see Axel calling for the Missus, who arrives with a contact chirp. She's hinting for fish, but he sits with eyes closed. She leaves him.

• Mistle is back and Axel leaves. She moves some sticks to the edge before attending to the eggs.
    (Will these eggs ever freaking hatch already???) SYAL.

• Unknown said:

scylla said:
    Are you in the right zone, CC?

HAHAHA, you are correct ma'am. I'm zoned out. Perhaps I should join CRinger for a drink! 5 hrs behind. I'm off again. SYAL.

You are ALWAYS welcome CC! I'll pour a G & T immediately. If you don't turn up it won't go to waste!

• After much inning and outing, @ 19:39 Mistle brought a stick - much more awkward than it looked at first - and took over.  Thank goodness she moved the stick out of the way of the eggs, it's a bad enough view of the eggs as it is.

I can't do the stick justice, it's so grainy this time of the evening:

IMAGICAT

• Just caught up, no eggs I see, surely tomorrow!! At least I am at home so I can watch. Goodnight all.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• CRinger said:

JaneV said:
    I’m sure I should not be asking this in here but I’ve left it late so here goes. Does anyone know how far the car park is from the RSPB centre? We are on our way up on Sunday and I wanted to see if it was feasible to make a pit stop and see our birds in person. Thank you.

Hi Jane. I worked there for 4 years so I think I can answer......

Grrrr I forgot to add.... I have been lucky enoiugh to see otters both on LG at lunchtime when there were 50+ people having a picnic who were wowwed! - but mainly on Loch Mallachie - usually at dawn...and if it is as calm as a mill pond its easier to see them as they produce ripples in the water as they forage. An amazing sight - try it if you find yourself up there at the right time.