LOCH GARTEN June 2022

All quiet on the Osprey front. Mistle started gently food soliciting, then quiet, then stood up to reveal.........

,, what appeared to be a half eaten rainbow trout! No doubt Scylla will be able to get a much sharper image than me. All this happened about 5:45.  It was as stiff as a board. When was that delivered?

Afrer faffing around getting images 1 of them has come back to the nest and is incubating - can't tell which. 

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• The bobs ate till they collapsed, they couldn't eat any more.
    Plenty left over for next feed

Richard B

• What a good sized (brown trout) fish. Well done Axel. That will keep them going for a while. Hopefully the wind will have dropped a bit more tomorrow and we won't have all this angst again! The osplets had a good feed, as did Mistle, and she is brooding.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Axel looked well fed as well, he needs his strength for fishing

Richard B

• I can't tell you how many times over the years I've said I'm going to stop watching these webcams. So stressful. But just too addictive. We are very privileged that technology and the work of the RSPB and many others allows us to watch and we must take the rough with the smooth of course. And if it gets people into birding and nature, that's all good, and we need more of them.

• I believe the last 4 posts on the LG live chat have all been about LOTL.Will rely on pictures only. to tell the truth. Mistle feeding 1 bob seems asleep and the other interested.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• It's amazing how the quality of the technology has improved and expanded since I found LG in 2007. In 2008 the team would write blogs and we could comment and update on the situation. The cam was there, but the definition wasn't great. We didn't initially have all the threads we have now, nor the capability of posting captures and vids. Dyfi was expanding as was Glaslyn and now we have such a great choice. We are indeed lucky to have the choice, and therefore choose to take the ups and downs, and leave it to the experts to make the difficult decisions.

• SheilaFE said:
    It's amazing how the quality of the technology has improved and expanded since I found LG in 2007. In 2008 the team would write blogs and we could comment and update on the situation. The cam was there, but the definition wasn't great. We didn't initially have all the threads we have now, nor the capability of posting captures and vids. Dyfi was expanding as was Glaslyn and now we have such a great choice. We are indeed lucky to have the choice, and therefore choose to take the ups and downs, and leave it to the experts to make the difficult decisions.

I agree....... But the REAL beauty of this thread is that ALL opinions are welcome from beginners and experts and are treated with respect. NEVER be afraid to post. Experts can always learn froim beginners - a fresh pair of eye is always welcome here!

• Thanks for the heads up CRinger. Mistle got up had fed herself at 22.52. 22.58 the bobs were interested
    22,58 her attention turns to the bobs and they are fed, both getting their share. By 23.09 she was brooding again. A lovely end to a worrying day, and there is still fish for an early meal tomorrow.

• ailie said:
    Fish 2,hungry Bobs appx 21. 35

Great job, Axel.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• CRinger said:
    FOTD #1 @ 21:38

26 hours since the last fish!  And what a comeback!  Well done (((Axel)))

#1 got by far the greater share, and later Mistle fed herself and then the chicks again.

(Quite a long feeding excerpt included - Mistle was rather frantic and there was a lot of hit 'n miss.)

IMAGICAT