LOCH GARTEN June 2022

All quiet on the Osprey front. Mistle started gently food soliciting, then quiet, then stood up to reveal.........

,, what appeared to be a half eaten rainbow trout! No doubt Scylla will be able to get a much sharper image than me. All this happened about 5:45.  It was as stiff as a board. When was that delivered?

Afrer faffing around getting images 1 of them has come back to the nest and is incubating - can't tell which. 

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Home again sipping my Campari To-Kill-Ya and reading another lovely email from Alan Poole. He is thinking of coming back to the UK next year and giving a few talks and will let me know his itinerary - but he IS doing a live presenation from across the pond this Thursday 16th June re: the Poole Harbour success story. Its a free online talk @ 7pm - see www.facebook.com/.../ - although it is free you need to book a ticket online.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Mistle was gone but just returned with a twiggy stick.
    Heading off to lunch. SYAL.

@CRinger...how is the Campari To-Kill-Ya? I'm waiting until a decent time to have mine.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• OMG! Is that a LIVE fish?

• There was a fish @ 19:01 but another at 19:40 - it was the 19:40 that I amsure was whole - and alive - and kicking! Take care with live fish Axel fllapping about the nest when the chicks are so young.

• Again, perhaps more evidence that Axel has not bred before.

• An excerpt from live chat. No-one appears to have got my joke:

:40 PM
    Andy Simkins
    ​Was that a live fish?

7:42 PM
    ​New fish at 19.38

7:43 PM
    it was once

7:43 PM
    ​Small anfd flapping

7:44 PM
    Andy Simkins
    ​It was when it reached the nest! Take care Axel! No more fish flapping and landing on chicks when they are this small.

7:45 PM
    Andy Simkins
    ​I'm actually 5' 10'' but admit to flapping when I saw that fish!

• Unknown said:

@CRinger...how is the Campari To-Kill-Ya? I'm waiting until a decent time to have mine.

The jury is out on the Campari To-Kill-Ya. I think it might give you hallucinations about flapping fish. I am waiting for scylla to capture a video which will either confirm the flapping = I will have another, or for her to confirm hallucinations in which case I better go to bed.

Being serious - the best Campari cocktail I have tried to date. But there's about 7 more I need to try (hic).

The Boulevardier cocktail has caught my eye - Campari, Vermouth and Bourbon. No need for sleeping tablets after that one I think. I will keep you posted!

• CRinger said:
    Boulevardier cocktail has caught my eye - Campari, Vermouth and Bourbon

Nice to see you are a non-denominational drinker.

Simple syrup made with garden mint. Ran out of tequila so used a shot of light rum. It's good!

• Mistle is out of the nest, and I am hearing the little cheeps, soon to be raucous screams. She's back.

• CRinger said:
    another at 19:40 - it was the 19:40 that I amsure was whole - and alive - and kicking