LOCH GARTEN June 2022

All quiet on the Osprey front. Mistle started gently food soliciting, then quiet, then stood up to reveal.........

,, what appeared to be a half eaten rainbow trout! No doubt Scylla will be able to get a much sharper image than me. All this happened about 5:45.  It was as stiff as a board. When was that delivered?

Afrer faffing around getting images 1 of them has come back to the nest and is incubating - can't tell which. 

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• From 07:30 onwards...

Oh Mistle, that's not up to your usual standard!

Axel didn't do any better but he was allowed to take over:

billy r said:
    AX6 has returned. I wonder if it was him she chased off

No, BILLY - it was AXEL who'd chased off MISTLE (if the unringed female bringing nest material was indeed Mistle).

But your heads-up was INVALUABLE, that was so fast I could easily have missed it when scrolling thru at one hundred thousand seconds a minute!

Whatever is the matter with these two?! Astonished They ended up OK Grinning 

Meal break coming up here, SYAL.

IMAGICAT

• Amazing irrefutable evidence of partner aggression yet again Maestro Scylla!
    Fish @ 13:45

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• 14:08 Mistle to the nest with about a third of the fish.

• 14:08 Mistle to the nest with about a third of the fish.

• .. which quietens Axel so Mistle flies off with it again and Axel resumed incubation!

• 14:23 Mistle returns with a fish tail which Axel takes.

• 4:37 Axel back to the nest  sans poisson - changeover - he incubates and Mistle flies.

• 14:48 Mistle back to the nest witha stick. - sorry last post should have read  14:37.

• 15:05 Mistle flies off axel takes up incubating,
    15:39 Mistle back axel flies of

• 16:28 FOTD #2 ? A19 minute brown trout