Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 15 May 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON and HAPPY TOTAL LUNAR ECLIPSE!!!

I hope everyone has a joyful week!

Sunday night (15 May) or Monday morning (16 May), depending on your location, is the Full Moon and a Total Lunar Eclipse. The moon should turn a shade of orange, red, or copper.

You can insert your city, town, or village into the search box on the Time and Date website to see the full eclipse timing and details for your specific area. I've inserted London in the box for this example.

The white-tail deer doe on my patch has had one female fawn this year. The baby looks healthy. Some springs the doe has twins, but I only saw one yesterday evening.

Take care, all. 

• HEATHER - So glad you are feeling a bit more “normal” and that you were able to plant up 3 pots. Those symptoms sound very like the migraines I used to have. Hope they were just a one off.
    LINDY - Super poppy. I have found 2 buds on mine!!! Hooray.
    PAT - what a great day out. I hope the long drive today has gone well and that you have enjoyed your visit to your sister.
    I got up at 4am today! Yes!! I went on a dawn chorus bird walk. We had to meet at 5.30. We walked round for about 2 and a half hours. Sadly, even with my hearing aid, I couldn’t hear the cuckoo. I can hear all the high pitched birds singing though and there were many all skillfully identified for us thankfully. Lots of the small birds actually showed themselves too so it was great. Felt rather tired this afternoon so just did some reading but I am OK again now!
  • Just realised I hadn't said hello to you all this week. See there have been various things happening and good to hear EE and OG are around again. I also see one or two of you have been suffering a little. Hope you feel better soon.
    Lindybird - always love seeing your blooms from the garden, it is uplifting.

Still waiting for the plants I've ordered to arrive and then my gardner can get planting along with perrenials that he is nurturing to sell on. Weather mixed but mainly dry although we did have the thunder last night but by morning had gone. Will have to be up early tomorrow as second set of engineers are coming to sort out my washing machine. Let's hope it goes well as been without one for over a fortnight and D-in-L has been doing the bigger items whilst I have hand washed the undies. It shows how you appreciate having a machine when all is working. Mind you its the first time in 10 years it has gone wrong.
  • Evening all: Have been reading all the news about gardens, outings, and exciting household chores. Here I've been buried in multiple organizational projects involving phone calls, appointments, more phone calls, etc., etc. Got a piece of mail from an IRA fund asking to let them know if I'd died last year and to ignore the letter if I hadn't!! I called anyway and they said it was an error and that everyone had been calling to let them know they hadn't died. :-))
  • HEATHER – I hope you have fully recovered.

OG – Welcome back. You may lurk if you please. <grin>

PAT - When I get time I shall Google your walk. Sounds wonderful.

RUSTY - It must have been a brilliant walk with a guide to identify birdsong.

LINDA – Thank you for sharing your irises and gorgeous poppies.

LYNETTE – Hope you get the washer fixed; hand washing for a fortnight is too darn hard.

ANNETTE – If you had died last year, were you supposed to respond?

A photo outing!!! Some relatives of some friends purchased an old church a few years ago & are restoring it for a function centre (I think). The windows have been boarded up until now/ Also covid & heritage delays. Today I was able to photo them. I am so excited – I may bore you with a couple when I get time.

I arrived home to find my postal vote papers in the letter box, at last - OH’s arrived Wed even though we applied same time. Voting day is tomorrow but we are not going anywhere near a polling booth with covid cases so high. In Aussieland voting is compulsory. A lot of sweary words as we wrestled with the need to number all boxes, some weird parties – I’ve no idea what they stand for! OH walked to post box to return completed. . . or maybe he dropped them in someone’s wheelie bin!

• Good Morning

Yesterday was sunny & warm eventually: my OH dug out the garden chairs & we sat in the garden for a couple of hours, as if we had nothing to do, LOL!! I sent for a replacement charging cable for my camera, as I've no idea what I've done with it and of course, going to such a picturesque place I want to take both camera pics and phone pics to bore everyone with, afterwards.

My OH didn't go out to his usual Thursday drinks with The Boys, as it occurred to us that he might catch something at the last hurdle: we sail next Wednesday. If you test positive when on board, you're confined to a cabin for days, and it doesn't bear thinking about, missing all the sights. Of course, we will be tested on arrival at the port before boarding, also.

Annette: I'm so glad you're still alive & kicking!! AQ, I laughed at your response!!!!

Lynette: It's never convenient when a washing machine packs up. Hope they can fix it.

Must go & attack the To Do List!
  • Good Morning

Yesterday was sunny & warm eventually: my OH dug out the garden chairs & we sat in the garden for a couple of hours, as if we had nothing to do, LOL!! I sent for a replacement charging cable for my camera, as I've no idea what I've done with it and of course, going to such a picturesque place I want to take both camera pics and phone pics to bore everyone with, afterwards.

My OH didn't go out to his usual Thursday drinks with The Boys, as it occurred to us that he might catch something at the last hurdle: we sail next Wednesday. If you test positive when on board, you're confined to a cabin for days, and it doesn't bear thinking about, missing all the sights. Of course, we will be tested on arrival at the port before boarding, also.

Annette: I'm so glad you're still alive & kicking!! AQ, I laughed at your response!!!!

Lynette: It's never convenient when a washing machine packs up. Hope they can fix it.

Must go & attack the To Do List!
  • LINDY - Apart from shoes ( !) don't worry too much about evening wear - from what I gather, the dress code for dinner on most cruises these days is ' smart casual'. Brits seem to dress up more than Scandinavians, Germans, etc. My Danish friends went on a cruise just before Covid. An American line. The advice was to dress up on the formal dinner nights. Well, my friends just don't do that. He has one blue jacket, which I have seen at his parents funeral and his childrens weddings over many years! He took that on the cruise and they weren't turned away at the entrance to the posh dining room. He probably did push the boat out and wear a tie :-)
  • We wear smart/casual most of the time, but I always wear different trousers in the evenings. I have some silky ones which don't crease much, & make an ordinary blouse look good. We've been told that there are 2 "formal" evenings on the agenda & we like to join in & dress up for those: my OH takes a dark suit he has, wears a formal white shirt & a dickie bow, & reminds me that he doesn't always wear his gardening clothes! I have 2 long flowing tops which look good with a bit of jewellery- I've had them for ten years. After all, everyone who sees me has not seen them before! If folks don't want to be formal there is a dining room where you can wear what you like.

I bought my OH a new rain jacket- he doesn't care that his old one is so shabby I would be embarrassed. (He was not pleased but has agreed to wear it). So we are equipped for all weathers, as advised.

Hope you're feeling better, Heather.
  • The other stalk on my amaryliss has come out with 2 flowers already.

• LINDY - Sounds great and I'm sure you'll have a lovely time ! My OH had a dinner jacket and bow tie, and for special occasions like weddings, full Highland dress with all the accoutrements. I know what you mean, I used to look.at him and wish that he dressed up more often ! Usually, it was fishing gear, gardening gear etc....