LOCH GARTEN - May 2022

AX6 Axel and his lovely unringed partner Mistle are bonding well, and Mistle has been threatening to lay an egg - we await developments.

It seems that Mistle has been on the perch & nest all night:

IMAGICAT

• FOTD #1 @ 14:26

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• CRinger said:
    FOTD #1 @ 14:26

Sorry for the 2-minute discrepancy, CR Blush 

It was a whole fish - which surely must mean that Axel has already eaten one today ???

And he looks wet - he's travelled straight from the fish-pond!

It was a decent size but she can only have taken about 15 minutes to eat it - allowing for feaking and fetching whatever's in her left talons... oh, might be the fishtail.

Thunder and rain here Zap Cloud lightning 

IMAGICAT

• FOTD #2 @ 15:50?

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• CRinger said:
    FOTD #2 @ 15:50?

well it looked a good size but when I logged on at 16.10 she was back yelling in his ear so she either ate it or dropped it

(c) RSPB Loch Garten

• scylla said:

Absolutely FANTASTIC capture - no doubt about it - brown trout. Like many Ospreys he seems to avoid the FF @ Rothiemurchus during opening hours.

• After the delivery of #2 fish (15.50), she returned(16.08) with a small stick and told Axel to go fishing again.  He didn't budge, so she left and was gone for 15 minutes.  Axel could see her coming and was clearly startled.  He got up and stumbled, standing away from the cup.  Mistle arrives with a super clump of soft furnishings.  Axel left and she arranged it.

I'm supposed to be packing, so probably won't be back for a while.  I hope I will be able to pop in now and again, but I am gutted that I will miss the Jubilee celebrations (I am a Royalist), but more important I will probably miss all the hatches.  Take care of them for me!

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Oh SHEILA, you are going to be sorely MISSED - wherever you are going (have I missed you telling us?) I hope you enjoy yourself Purple heart 

I've been doing my own thing and prepared these snaps, which are probably surplus to requirements now - never mind.

I had to take this with the tail missing because the fish curled around in the next few frames:

This shows it wasn't as short and fat as all that:

Here was the rather 'orrible bunch of wotnot that SHEILA described:

IMAGICAT

• Mistle is shouting between preens.

IMAGICAT

• Off to the west Coast of Scotland, south of Ft Willian, north of Oban, and hoping for good weather. I will have my tablet, although I am sneaking in my laptop with all my pics and info. However it would be rude to bury my nose in it with friends around LOL.
    17,26 #3 FISH!!

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• SheilaFE said:

I will have my tablet, 

Only ONE tablet? I would need a chemists's shop full of tablets to survive without my LG Ospreys!