LOCH GARTEN - May 2022

AX6 Axel and his lovely unringed partner Mistle are bonding well, and Mistle has been threatening to lay an egg - we await developments.

It seems that Mistle has been on the perch & nest all night:

IMAGICAT

• az

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here

• Hello Limpy, nice to see you. I trust you and Clare are keeping well.
    Limpy's 'raining hard' didn't last long, and the sun soon came out.
    After CRinger reported that Mistle had returned with a tail plus, and despite Mistle not leaping up to take it, Axel left the fish and flew.
    14.11 Axel returned, landing between he rim our side and Mistle. He walked over her to get to the fish lying on her other side. Mistle struggled to get up but made no attempt to get the fish. Axel left with is and Mistle resumed incubation. She had a go at the sticks within reach lying on the rim. All very loosely balanced.
    All very quiet since then, with Mistle checking the eggs and letting the air in. I don't think Axel has returned with the tail yet. 15.32

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Hi Limpy!
    Sorry, folks, my life is kicking into high gear with people obligations, so I will only be checking in when I can for the next couple weeks. :'-( At least I expect to be around for hatchage, hopefully! Thank you all, and good luck with the court case.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• 16.03 Nice headless fish.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Helloooooo LIMPY, nice to see you!  Have you been magnetised in here by the possibility of a Dyfi hatch very soon?

In the meantime, the LG cams have been very, very flaky - particularly Goshawk but this one too.  I know it's not my internet because Foulshaw Moss is on 12+ hours and still going strong.

I used to write to Peter @ Carnyx or Jess about the cams but nowadays... no idea!

Here was Dad-to-be dozing contentedly a little white ago, he's since woken up and started shouting and now Mistle is back, I didn't see her arrive:

IMAGICAT

• Unknown said:
    At least I expect to be around for hatchage, hopefully!

Talking of hatchage, Chloe B and Tiger's fabulous website reminds us that the 3 eggs were laid on 3rd, 7th and 10th of May.

So we can expect the hatching window to open around 7th June. 

• scylla said:
    I used to write to Peter @ Carnyx or Jess about the cams but nowadays... no idea!

Is webcam now provided by Wildlife Windows Scylla?

If so then email is ........ jason@wildlifewindows.co.uk ... should put you in contact with Jason Fathers who's company it is!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• WendyBartter said:
    Is webcam now provided by Wildlife Windows Scylla?

Yes - and I've already been thru this with MIKE, he must be wringing his hands - and then washing them of me Grinning

Thank you, Wendy Kissing heart

I've had a terrible, terrible start to the day - was just editing Clywedog hatch when my screen went black and it took ages to even be able to reboot - lost hours of downloads because I couldn't finalise them Tired face

IMAGICAT

• Unknown said:
    16.03 Nice headless fish.

I intended to tell you how many minutes Mistle devoted to that fish, but the cam went down and when it came back up she was already back.  While she was away, Axel got vocally upset about being caught in heavy rain, aww.

She had another substantial break later, and Axel had several (well, a couple at least) sessions on the perch.

IMAGICAT

• 25 May

Mistle got her tail caught on the stick-up stick (which I can't see them ever being able to remove - and that's me throwing out a challenge) - she was convinced that a second party was involved, it took her a while to settle:

IMAGICAT