LOCH GARTEN - May 2022

AX6 Axel and his lovely unringed partner Mistle are bonding well, and Mistle has been threatening to lay an egg - we await developments.

It seems that Mistle has been on the perch & nest all night:

IMAGICAT

• Unknown said:

16.32 Tiddler FOTD #3

Verification, yay !!!

IMAGICAT

• She's back with a stick while Axel calls.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• 17.30-31 Axel is heard calling to Mistle and she responds from the nest. They are calling back and forth.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• scylla said:

Ian S said:

Korky said:

Are you doubting my honesty scylla? See you in court ;-)

Could make the Wagatha Christie court case look very tame! Ian

~~~~~~~~~~

Trouble is, we're not WAGs so we can't afford it... but if Korky qualifies for legal aid I'll be very frightened

Dinna fret Scylla. I was a lawyer in my youth. I will dust off my gown, brush my wig and will be happy to act for you Pro bono!

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• SheilaFE said:

13.00             It's raining again – the wind must have changed direction.  Instead of blowing from the right, the south, the clouds are moving from the left, query north east

North-east is spot on. As were all your observations!

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• When Axel flew away at 16.41 he flew down to a branch on the left of the old cam tower. He flew off just before 17.36. Perhaps on a fishing expedition!

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• SheilaFE said:
    10.46.20    Mistle lands to help defend:  she had the fish.  Intruder flies off.  Axel intruder calls.  Axel was mantling.  Mistle crept up behind him, and he flapped possibly thinking she was the intruder. 

I watched that bit on scroll back. Made me laugh!!

• Fish at 20.47 (honest). Cuckoo going its dinger then, and now (21.50, honest)

(c) RSPB Loch Garten

• I believe you Korky.
    On this occasion, but in preparation for litigation have to seriously question the cropping of the fish which you describe as 'the 6.45 sprat' whereas an impeccable witness (none other than myself) described the fish at 6.35 as a fish delivered @ 6:33).

Slam dunk Sylla!

I think this is an American expression - we won before the claim was even lodged,. In fact I am just looking up a counterclaim from us about defamation of character. If successful, order another mug!

• I couldn't fail to disagree with you less Cringer