LOCH GARTEN - May 2022

AX6 Axel and his lovely unringed partner Mistle are bonding well, and Mistle has been threatening to lay an egg - we await developments.

It seems that Mistle has been on the perch & nest all night:

IMAGICAT

• Axel was still incubating @ 14:20 when she arrived back.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• 20.47 FOTD #5 I'm wondering if small fish are more tender. Not that osprey would care. It's just a random thought of mine, lol.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• It's another sprat

(c) RSPB Loch Garten

• 20.55 She's back already. He was chirping all the while unttl she returned.They're a very talkative couple. She's complaining already as he flies off.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• 20:57 Suddenly saw my live cam had been on pause for over an hour. Refreshed and Axel got up off the eggs as presumably Mistle had just landed! Did I mish a fish?

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• 20.47 Axel brought in another 'minnow'. Quickly exchanged and Mistle flew off. She won't be gone long!!

Edit. Sorry, I clearly hadn't  refreshed!

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• SheilaFE said:
    20.47 Axel brought in another 'minnow'. Quickly exchanged and Mistle flew off. She won't be gone long!!

Gracias! I didn't expect a simultaneous answer to my question!

• CRinger said:
    20:57 Suddenly saw my live cam had been on pause for over an hour. Refreshed and Axel got up off the eggs as presumably Mistle had just landed! Did I mish a fish?

Ahhhhh! NOW the chat updates and I see 2 or 3 posts about the fish! God bless RSPB chat!  Sorry for bothering everyone!

• SheilaFE said:

20.47 Axel brought in another 'minnow'. Quickly exchanged and Mistle flew off. She won't be gone long!!

Edit. Sorry, I clearly hadn't  refreshed!

I didn't refresh as I had received NO notifications of people posting on the thread! SOMEONE needs to bless RSPB chat as God certrainly isn't.

• scylla said:

CRinger said:
    Just a gentle reminder: RSPB video on 4th May say in live chat: 'all will be revealed shortly about naming' Mistle. The FOURTH of May!

I have written a not-so-gentle reminder.  Hope I don't get thrown out.

Before I forget Scylla............. I will 'shortly' (RSPB Video definition) be sending you a birthday card. Don't be surprised that it has an Xmas 2022 stamp on it.