LOCH GARTEN - May 2022

AX6 Axel and his lovely unringed partner Mistle are bonding well, and Mistle has been threatening to lay an egg - we await developments.

It seems that Mistle has been on the perch & nest all night:

IMAGICAT

• How bizarre that I switched off just as the cam went down. Let's hope WildlifeWindows/VC are aware. It could be that their screen is not the as the one we view??

I'm going back to the garden for a bit.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• WOOOOHOOOO! At long last I received a notification that someone had posted something  new on this thread! Amazing. Sad to say when I clicked on it to see what was new I was taken to Page 66. Confounded

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• SheilaFE said:
    09.14 a lovely wing stretch
    09.15 she stands up and has more wing stretches

I was going to do a video but it turned out that the cam was already full of mini-freezes, which I started to take out but it got ridiculous...

She's a "good" Osprey!

What a shame Unamused

IMAGICAT

• Cam is back up, no change to URL.

IMAGICAT

• I've just got back, Scylla. Delighted to hear Mistle's contact chirrups as she returned to the nest, and Axel departed

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• 13.48 Mistle is back. She arrived with gentle greeting chirps and Axel rose up and flew off. She watched him before taking her time to arrange the nestcup and settle down. This couple is so much more comfortable together now, they have a rhythm with each other.

I am back from my wedding in a sheep pasture, which was mucho fun except that it was a 10 hour drive away. I am leaving soon for the morning so I won't be here to watch.

13.54 Mistle is craning her neck to watch something in the skies above.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• CRinger said:
    At long last I received a notification

I couldn't possibly cope with notifications, CRINGER, so what I do is keep the thread list page open in a tab, and if I want to see where there have been new posts since I last looked in a thread I refresh the page - and the ones with new posts have bold titles.

It doesn't suit everyone - for example, GARDENBIRDER*** as she needs off-LG Forums notifications too.

***And where, may I ask, is GardenBirder these days?  I know she was due to visit "osprey sites" fairly soon, but she should have checked in here nevertheless.

D'you hear that, GardenBirder?  You should have checked in here Hugging

IMAGICAT

• Unknown said:
    I am back from my wedding in a sheep pasture, which was mucho fun except that it was a 10 hour drive away. I am leaving soon for the morning so I won't be here to watch.

Be careful, please!  I remember the last time you were gallivanting-by-motor across the country and I was so worried (from watching too many US true crime shows) I didn't know what to say so I didn't say anything.

It's lovely to have you back, CC Heart eyes

IMAGICAT

• Indeed, scylla. And I am so happy to BE back...
    You may have read the news about the Buffalo shooting. I am headed to Buffalo for soul line dancing this morning, where I will see my friends who shopped at that market regularly. While I am thankful none of them were there, the horror of this and all the other incidents is terrifying.

• 14.05 Axel arrives with a chirp and a clump, not fish. Mistle begins soliciting from her brooding position.