LOCH GARTEN - May 2022

AX6 Axel and his lovely unringed partner Mistle are bonding well, and Mistle has been threatening to lay an egg - we await developments.

It seems that Mistle has been on the perch & nest all night:

IMAGICAT

• She just flew...

EDIT - not gone long.  Calling for Axel.

IMAGICAT

• I missed a visit by Axel @ 05:14 - he flew in to the perch, she shouted non-stop and he flew off:

This has been sitting for ages unposted because I noticed the calamity on the Manton Bay nest and had to break off PDQ.

There have been goings-on on this nest which will be checked later.

IMAGICAT

• How wonderful to have a third egg Well done Mistle Cheered me up a little after seeing poor Maya
  • I haven't been thru today's live vids either, also distracted by MB, but two folk updated on Chat.   Kim Lennon and JulieD.   With thanks.

05.54 Kim Lennon   Axel arrives, is introduced to his third egg…after a verbal tongue thrashing he flies off.  Mistle resumes incubating

07.09 Kim Lennon    Axel flies in with nesting matrial.  Mistle flies off.  Axel incubates

07.22 Kim Lennon    Mistle returns, but Axel won't move so she flies off again.  

07.29 Kim Lennon    Mistle returns takes over incubation and Axel departs

10.52 JulieD           #1 FISH  smallish, Mistle flies with it Axel incubates

SFE  Axel went to the cup, and just sat on the eggs without a second thought!  Like a duck to water LOL!

10.59 JulieD          Mistle returns, possibly with a stick

11.00 JulieD          Mistle incubates and Axel flies off

© RSPB - Loch Garten & WildlifeWindows 

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Dear SHEILA - in view of your excellent (if cribbed Rofl ) updates, and in view of the harrowing few hours I've just been thru with Maya and family, I shall skip any coverage of the morning so far, and I am now packing up for a while.

Well... I suppose I'll check a couple of other "easy" cams before I do.  SYAL xxx

IMAGICAT

• 12.43 a quick flit thru suggests that Mistle has dutifully incubated since 11.00.

• NO FISH! ...Maybe just a piece of bark or mulch? He left accompanied by an earbashing, as she (and I) was clearly thinking it was a fish.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Nothing further appears to have happened since CC's post. Mistle is sitting happily on three eggs, being blown around gently in the wind and warmed by the sun in a cloudy sky! Like a good mum she checks her eggs every so often.
    However at 15.48 she looked alert and stared intently around, then took off with no call. Just under two minutes later she returned, and checked the eggs - with yesterday's, the pale freckled one in clear view. She was soon incubating again.

• Yes, I have LG on in the background of my chores! Other than her complaints for fish, she has seemed content.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• What a surprise - fantastic to read of the third egg.

Thanks to all for updates.