LOCH GARTEN - May 2022

AX6 Axel and his lovely unringed partner Mistle are bonding well, and Mistle has been threatening to lay an egg - we await developments.

It seems that Mistle has been on the perch & nest all night:

• I said a PM!!!!

Now 15 million people wil lbuy a ticket with those specified and I will win £7.20.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• I've just seen Scylla's vid of the laying.She was so surprised! I seem to recall Aila (LArkaig) being similar, but not so dramatic. Priceless.
    I do hope Axel is more careful next time he walks over the egg.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• No fish. Looked and flew away.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• CC wrote the following post at 3 May 2022 9:10 PM:

No fish. Looked and flew away.

Oh no, not again - this covers the earlier underwhelmment, as well as the fish in/out:

Heart Purple heart Blue heart

I hope to get a special portrait of {{{Mistle}}} before too long, maybe not today tho.

• We could start a new competion as to the date of the first hatch!!!! The anticipated special portrait of Mistle on a mug MIGHT be first prize!

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• ​I think little doubt now that we are watching history. The first Osprey to stay on gthe LG nest overnight for many a year! I am temptedto add champagne to my G & T

• Axel arrived with a fish at 19.50pm, would not give it to Mistle, and flew

Now Axel returns at 20.27pm, no fish, what is he going to do?

He wanders round the nest, looks at the egg, walks through the nest to the front and flies!

©️ LG

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• CRinger said:
    ​I think little doubt now that we are watching history. The first Osprey to stay on gthe LG nest overnight for many a year! I am temptedto add champagne to my G & T

Go on, this is something special indeed. I am having a mint tea (feeling a wee bit wishy washy) so I will toast with you.

To Mistle, Axel and our first egg Champagne glassChampagne hope this is going to be a great sucess. 

• CRinger said:

I said a PM!!!!

Now 15 million people wil lbuy a ticket with those specified and I will win £7.20.

Oops sorry, aw well at least you will get your ticket price back Money mouth

• I'm thinking back to EJ and Odin now. Odin was never happier than when he was incubating. EJ had to push him off the eggs so she could take over again. I can still see his look of consternation when his precious eggs started hatching. He never really took to "mothering" live chicks, or feeding them.

Smiles, Jan.