LOCH GARTEN - May 2022

AX6 Axel and his lovely unringed partner Mistle are bonding well, and Mistle has been threatening to lay an egg - we await developments.

It seems that Mistle has been on the perch & nest all night:

• Unknown said:

SheilaFE said:
    I love 'stood standing'! Has it been used yet this season?!

Oh yes indeedy!! I used it with great pleasure on 16 March on the Lowes thread. It's one of my scylla favourites

PLEASE use it more often ! Itoo LOVE it!

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Lynn L said:
    I think she about to lay and egg, grunting and chirping. Anyone else here?

JESUS WEPT Catlady!

Send me a PM about thenumbers Ishould pick on Euroimillions for Friday?

WHAT a prediction!!!! 

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Unknown said:
    What a wonderful historic moment! First egg at LG since 2018. Here's hoping for the first chick successfully fledging since 2016

Took the words out of my mouth Korky!

• Absolutely wonderful news. I can hardly believe it. To be honest I had really given up hope. So Fingers crossedFingers crossedFingers crossedthat all goes well from now. Plenty of fish for Mistle and Axel taking turns to incubate the egg. Then perhaps another egg to follow. Thank you for posting the good news. Never give up hope.
  • Unknown said:
    All our hooks will be on tenters for a while

I still can't believe it - but I will when the heart-strings start getting stretched Unamused Kissing heart

(I've been a long time trying to lower the wind.)

• There have been a number of comments, more on 'live chat' than on here recently that she would not lay until Axel had improved on fish delivery. Afrer the length of time and frequency they have been mating I really doubted she would be able to re-absorb developing eggs but kept quiet.
    NOW DO NOT BE SURPRISED it Axel's fish delivery per day DECREASES until hatch! It happened every year from 1959 - 1997! Why should he bring back more fish a day when she is expending very little energy incubating most of the day:
    1. This is thefirst egg Mistlehas ever laid.
    2. Very good of RSPB to confirm that they also agree that this year's female is the female YOU, not me, christened Mistle last year.
    3. This was also Axel's the first sighting in his life of an unbroken Osprey egg.

What we need to know is when he does deliver a fish and give it to Mistle will instinct 'kick in' and will he incubate.

The next acid test for him to pass.

• Oh oh oh, I am over the moon despite leaving after my 18.00 is post. How can I have been watching quite a lot recently and then miss it. Thank goodness for posts, pics and videos. I must check to see whether Axel has been back!

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• CRinger said:

Lynn L said:
    I think she about to lay and egg, grunting and chirping. Anyone else here?

JESUS WEPT Catlady!

Send me a PM about thenumbers Ishould pick on Euroimillions for Friday?

WHAT a prediction!!!! 

I know, could hardly believe it, was on tablet had camera on but she was sitting quietly in the nest, I was reading the messages and folks were saying she is grunting, panting, it was then I actually took notice, went onto forum and sent the post at 7.47, got excited then, quickly came into living room and by the time I sat down, she had laid the egg @ 7.47, whoopee

Oh by the way the numbers will be 3,7,12,21,46,52 and th bonus ball will be 9 JoyHeart eyes

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Oh. He came back, no fish, saw the egg, decided not to incubate it and flew away.