Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 24 April 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a joyful, serene week. 

Very windy here, but it's a remarkable 82F. That's 28C. It's going to get chilly again this week, but it sure was nice to see the sun today! This weekend is peak bird migration here, with millions of birds flying north through the night over Indiana. We've been advised to turn off all outdoor lights so we don't hamper their migration.

Take care and be safe, all. 

• Dibnlib -- Good that you had a nice break. The other day, I watched a programme about pilgrims (who were celebrities) who went on a walking trip around N. Ireland and then across Scotland in the footsteps of a Saint. Of course, I've now forgotten his name! They walked around your part of the the world and it was beautiful. One of the best bits was their going to see a huge monolith which is very old indeed, and is now protected by a plastic case from the elements.

We're now safely parked in Wales again, and after a cloudy start, the sun came out once we neared Snowdonia. Its warmer than at home & we're hopeful of a mainly dry weekend.
  • I have been busy today with post holiday things - washing and shopping plus the gasman came to service my boiler and fire. He was here for almost 3 hours as he found a small fault in the boiler and then needed to do lots of checks,
    DIDNLIB - Glad you had a good time in Pitclochry but what a shame that Loch of the Lowes was closed. Did they give a reason somewhere?
    LINDY - hope you have arrived safely in Wales. It has gone quite chilly so I hope you don’t have the problems of keeping warm like you had last time.
    HEATHER - I hope you can enjoy your garden when it comes warm enough to sit out there. I don’t know what I am doing either. I just plant things and hope they come. Anything which arrives courtesy of birds or whatever can stay if I like it - consequently, the garden is very haphazard!!!
  • Did anyone see my typo? Should have been PITLOCHRY of course!!!
    LINDY - just found your new post. Glad it is warmer there for you and that you even got a bit of sunshine, Enjoy your stay.
  • Lindy - St Columba. I thought it was a very good and thought-provoking series. It certainly removed a lot of ignorance and disbelief from some of the participants. More television programmes like this, please, BBC!
  • RUSTY Staff shortage, same as back in March. The notice said it would open again the next morning at 1030 but we were on our way north by that time!
  • Mous is a 4-letter word in this house. Next episode of the saga tomorrow, I hope.
  • Oh dear, AQ. Get out the shotgun! (Bet you feel like it!)
  • Pat O said:
    Lindy - St Columba. I thought it was a very good and thought-provoking series. It certainly removed a lot of ignorance and disbelief from some of the participants. More television programmes like this, please, BBC!

I thought it was a thoughtful series, too. A clever idea of the programme makers to have a very mixed bunch of people & such beautiful scenery. Wouldn't have liked some of the beds they were offered though!

• Pat O said:
    Lindy - St Columba. I thought it was a very good and thought-provoking series. It certainly removed a lot of ignorance and disbelief from some of the participants. More television programmes like this, please, BBC!

I thought it was a thoughtful series, too. A clever idea of the programme makers to have a very mixed bunch of people & such beautiful scenery. Wouldn't have liked some of the beds they were offered though!

• Quiet on here -- although it looks as if I have been trying to fill up the threads with my own natterings!!I

Rusty -- Much warmer than the last time we were here,thank goodness. Although it was cold this morning, and we had the heating on. However, this afternoon we were sitting in the sun.