Weekly Chat, Sunday December 12, 2010

Will catch up later, but see the last page of yesterday's chat for updates from folks - including the last one from Diane!

• Good afternoon OG! Glad you are having a nice weather but what a nuisance with that electrician

• Afternoon all - weatherwise it is a bit of a 'nothing' day ... no wind, no sun, no rain! I hope its not the lull before the threatened snow and ice :-) I don't want a white Christmas either ... I am sick of the sight of the white stuff, and it prevents people travelling ... not that I am going anywhere except along the street to friends!

margobird - sorry to hear about Rhys's problems ... I hope it clears up quickly and doesn't spoil Christmas for him. Amazing to read about that hoopoe ... I hope it has departed for warmer parts by now.

AQ - brilliant bit about the retired men ... I'd better make sure my OH doesn't get to read it ... might just give him some ideas!!

Lynette - thanks for the barn owl pics ... I must get back into the habit of checking that webcam. Sorry about the burnt offerings!! I hope your cough is on the mend.

OG - glad your solar panels are progressing well and that that you can manage to work around the men by doing other things!  EDIT ... just read about the delay to a part   ... oh dear  :-(

Diane - good to see that you are managing ok in your snow and cold temperatures .... you seem very well organised, but then I suppose you have to be! Your long sleep showed how tired your body must be ... take care and make the most of the bad weather by re-energising yourself!

Linda - glad that you got to see Tomasz, even if the visit was interrupted by the Health Visitor! I'm sure he enjoyed all your cuddles and attention :-)

I must go and see to some lunch now.

Take care all.

Joan - avid bird and nature watcher in Northumberland!

Index Thread

• Afternoon all,

AQ : That sounded just like LadyP and I out shopping. Lots of good ideas to amuse myself. LOL

Thanks Auntie for posting the Estonia link for the winter cam. You beat me to it. Sounds really cold in Finland.

Alicat : Hamish seems fine, Should be final check up on friday at the vets.

Thanks to everyone else for the chat. Not read everything yet as we were out on a shopping mission this morning. Weather is dull,dreich,drizzly and dreary. Current temp 5.3c,

Sunset is 15:46 today but tomorrow it is 15:47 as Tiger indicated.

There is an eagle on the Store Mosse cam at the moment:

http://www.webbkameror.se/djurkameror/storemosse/storemosse_2_640.php

• Sunset on the trees at Store Mosse. I think that is a goshawk feeding:

• Sun has disappeared from Store Mosse (and haven't seen much of it here, very calm though).

Hi OG, I thought I saw a little figure waving from Pow Foot the other day :)

Terry in Cumbria

• Good afternoon Lindybird.  So pleased you managed to have cuddles with Tomasz.   Of course he is cute and gorgeous he is your first grandson.  Enjoy him as they grow up so quickly.  Rhys was at that stage in Janaury this year but what a difference now but he is still cute and a very happy little boy.  He has been unwell but has improved so he should be OK for his first Christmas.  My sister was very anxious after the birth of her first child and had a slight problem with feeding but Nanny stepped in and helped her to sort it out.

Margobird

• Good afternoon Lynette sorry you have been left with a cough, what a nuisance hope it clears up for Christmas.  Love the captures from the barn owl cam.  I like this particular cam as it has sound and those two owls are quite vocal.  Keep warm and safe.

Margobird

• Hi aquilareen  I have been helpless with laughter about retired men.  Just brilliant.  My OH is someone who actually enjoys shopping would you believe.  I am the one who is not that fussed about shopping and especially browsing which he will happily do for hours.

Margobird

• dibnlib said:

MARGO  sorry to hear that Rhys has been poorly, do hope he is able to enjoy his first christmas.   also nice to hear that Billy is just a little happier with you around. 

Thanks dibnlib Rhys is on the mend thank goodness.  Gives Mum and Dad quite a fright when this happens.  They have had a couple of these to deal with now but it is all down to a very high temperature.

I was getting a little worried as I had not seen Billy at all until just now.  Perhaps he has been sorting the interloper out again.  Anyway he has had food, milk and now eating grated cheese at the end of the garden.  At least he didn't run off when I was watching him out of the window.

Margobird

• Hello auntie  and you really are in winter with a vengeance now.  There I am moaning about the cold here but we have a way to go before it gets that low.  We are promised low temperatures and more snow which I am dreading.

Thanks for the  news about the Estonia webcam and also those gorgeous pics of the female eagle.  Just wonderful. 

Take care and keep warm.

Margobird