Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 3 April 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a safe, serene week. 

It looks like the enormous, squawking Pileated Woodpecker has decided to nest right at the beginning of my driveway lane, across from my front door, this year!

• AQ- sorry that you have dental issues, also. Yes, dental care is very expensive here, too.
    SiL is very happy with his quarantine hotel in Melbourne. It's an apartment with a kitchen and also a utility area,with washer and dryer. He ordered groceries to be in the apartment when he arrived. Everything was there, he's making a beef stir fry this evening. But the quantities were large - massive tins of tuna,etc So he contacted Reception to say too much food. The answer was ' No worries, we'll give spare stuff to the Sally '. Assume the Salvation Army as we often call them the Sally Army

• Good morning. Occasional drizzle here so not able to work outside. E-E is therefore working on potted plants in the greenhouse and popping back in for next instruction after each variety. I have been tidying “loose ends” of correspondence and just made contact with local community recycling to get rid of roof racks and roof box to make space in garage for me to be pushed through that way onto the deck – really don’t want roof luggage on this higher vehicle.

LINDA – thinking of you – not sure what time of day you are seeing dentist. I also have a mouthful of old failing teeth – and gaps where I have refused dentures (diet therefore limited!) Fine head of blooms on the M. Stellata – a pretty version of Magnolia. Our Fritillaries are carrying a lot of blooms again – looks like we may need to thin them out again this autumn – sure we spread them from two pots to three last year, now maybe up to five! Pleased to see a few more of the white ones appearing among them – adds an interesting contrast.

ANNETTE – glad all is well after the cataract surgeries – sounds like you are well back to normal activities – and looking forward to digging holes when allowed!

LYNETTE – glad you are pleased with the garden room – nice to have a choice of rooms and views to relax in.

AQ – sorry to see you too have dental problems. Hope they are all fixed for a while now.

HEATHER – sorry your Brother has yet another health issue to deal with – wishing him well.
  • HEATHER Sorry to hear the news of your brother.
  • Sorry to hear about your brothers health, Heather. I hope that the docs can soon do something, and the waiting lists there are not as bad as they are in UK.

Well, I trotted off to the dentist and after a bit of a wait he got me in the chair to assess the damage. To my joy, he says that he thinks he can redo the crown which came off, and that he can get a crown on the one which disintegrated. I could have flung my arms around him! We've known him for over 35 years (he still asks after our "boys") and I've told him he must never retire. The cost of all the work was not discussed, but my OH said "Get yourself sorted out," and to myself I said "You bet your sweet bippy I will!"
  • ps. He's going to do all the work commencing on the 21st, about 2 weeks away.

I just noticed that I'd not seen the posts from Heather and OG when I wrote. OG - sounds like a good plan to get through the garage to enjoy the garden.
  • More garden pics -  flowering currant in the front garden.

• When I went up to it for a close up  an obliging bee was going from flower to flower.

• Don't know if I already posted these.

• Not had a Bonnie picture for a while...

• Morning all:

We didn't have a dentist at our school; just bossy nuns.  We went to a guy my sister swears was a Nazi. She was kidding (I think?) but the appointments were pure torture - no numbing at all for fillings, which  meant we all waited until the pain was unbearable before we'd go see him.   I scared my granddaughter once when she was younger and bad about cleaning/flossing/dental checkups by opening my mouth to show her what can happen......

Heather:  Sorry about your bro - fortunately we can get by with just one kidney, so hope it turns out to be benign or at least localized.   Had to Google 'scoobie.'  Trust me, the dust is less disconcerting than the wrinkles.  :-)

Hot here today.  Have put up the bamboo shades on the patio, watered the plants and turned on the attic fan. Should be back to normal Saturday.  Meanwhile, awful and dangerous weather in the South/Southeast.

Take care all.

EDIT:  Just realize that I too missed a bunch of posts.   Hope you get your garage organized OG  Lovely flowers Lindybird and good news from the dentist too!