Dyfi Osprey Project Live Stream 2022

DOP. Live stream is on now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1mc3Eoxl0w

ColinA

• I was expecting to see a sticky on the YT Chat but there's nothing... however, we have our own trusted reporter here Grin 

Glider wrote the following post at 5 Sep 2022 6:56 PM:

Glider said:
    The live stream is shutting down at 20.00 this Sunday.

Still EPS, SYAL :)))

IMAGICAT

• I'm so tired I posted in the wrong thread!

11 September

Padarn wakes up and leaves the perch (twice), 2 little birds visit darkly (I couldn't ID the first, looks like a brown Siskin Stuck out tongue winking eye, then a Blue Tit - shame it's so dark)  and someone flies by with a Flounder!  And no fish-calls/cries/screeches/squeals heard!

That's the only Osprey I've seen since Padarn left the perch early on.

G'night chaps :)))

Then I posted:

Oh! Looks like there's a swimathon going on...

According to YT Chat it's "The Aberdyfi 13km".

IMAGICAT

• For the past couple of minutes, while I was sorting out my mess:

"What a wonderful Osprey Dad"

IMAGICAT

• Emyr says that Pedarn was last seen 06.22 this am and is almost certainly on her way south. Idris turned up with headless flounder for her but having had a really really good look around has decided it's safe for him to eat it.

Great capture thank you Scylla and as you say what a star dad.

• Some stills of Padarn wakening up this morning. It was so peaceful and beautiful.

• Unseen, Padarn (surely?!) started screaming - so Idris has taken his half-eaten fish to the nest.  I think.

Well the screaming has stopped, Idris is standing on the nest alone.  What's going on?

I'm going to have to replay that, but the cam didn't keep up so maybe nothing will be explained?

EDIT

Apologies to camperson - 'tis I who didn't keep up!

Stood there shouting for ages, now on the crossbar perch:

Definitely probably clocking off now !!! ... Except if I don't.

IMAGICAT

• Unknown said:
    Great capture thank you Scylla and as you say what a star dad.

It should have been a greater capture but I had my snap-finger outstretched for ages waiting for him to turn to face us (he had turned away 1-millisecond before)... and couldn't hold it any longer Point right

IMAGICAT

• Dyfi just posted: "Live Streaming will be switched off once all the ospreys have gone"
  • Yep  Bart. Thank you and just in case anyone is interested in the rest of the post:

Bore da
    Tonight we close DOP for 2022 having been open for 180 days straight.
    The Dyfi Wildlife Centre will reopen on Wednesday and be open every week until Christmas: Wednesdays to Sundays.
    Padarn is still with us. We will keep the Live Streaming going, including the Chat, until we are positive both Idris and Padarn have left.
    There will be a blog on the website once the ospreys have gone.
  • Ohhhh dang!  Well I've done me snap so here it is Grin 

And look!  Another fish for Padarn - she'll never leave at this rate!

And at this rate there'll be a third on the nest before this gets posted - I've taken so long with my trick photography.

IMAGICAT