Technical test thread 2011-forever

I thought I might bump up this thread which goes back to 2011 (it's been bumped before) and was started by the wonderful Tiger

It contains all sorts of useful info on technical problems, handy hints for inserting photos and links and, latterly, the fact that we seem to get 'notifications' that we can't get rid of (I'm up to 6).

If nothing else, another trip down memory lane.

• I've gotta go out now to  get myself something for dinner tonight ..........Thank you so very much

• Test to a random post earlier on this thread

Is anyone else having problems with hyperlinks.

I've put in links to posts within threads on the MB thread and when clicking on any of them, I am reverted back to OP.

Not only MB thread, the test at the top of this post with a hyperlink reverts us back to the OP of this thread !!

Anyone got any ideas how to get this working. 

I usually just right click on the date, copy link address, then Ctrl & K and right click to paste in the link  

Apologies for being so late responding.

Karen said:
    Anyone got any ideas how to get this working.

No, KAREN - there's something very wrong - if I click on the time of your post (which we used to do in order to get a link to a particular post) it simply takes me back to the original post in this thread.  I've tried it on several posts.

We've been left in the lurch with a faulty system that "they" were not competent to rescue from the misguided attempt at introducing a Facebook format.  We have no-one to turn to now.

Depressingly, I see these forums dwindling into insignificance as Facebook and YouTube Chat gain participators and we die off, there will be nowhere with running commentaries in the permanent record.