Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 20 March 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY MARCH EQUINOX!

The equinox is Sunday, March 20.

I wish all of you and your families health, strength, and a joyful spring (autumn for AQ). Stay safe, friends. 

Photo: Marsh Marigold Wildflowers
Shenandoah National Park, US National Park Service
Photo labeled "Public Domain" (copyright free)

• Unknown said:

Crossed posts, sorry, I added a bit more to mine while you were posting! One site says they can grow very tall, this one says a bit shorter--possibly different varieties grow to different ultimate heights.

My mother planted this magnolia possibly in the 1990s - it grew and grew.  It would be much bigger, but my OH cuts across the top of it most years as he says he won't be able to see the fields from the house, which is what still connects him to his former farming life. I indulge him in it, because it means so much to him. 

• Some of the many kinds of daffodils we have dotted around. I took the pictures before we left, as we are now in Wales again. It's a wrench leaving the garden with so much cheerful colour, but we needed to come here and rest. The sun is shining today and looks to be a good weekend.

• Have a great time in Wales, and I hope you and your OH are feeling completely well very soon. We have escaped so far but with more people not wearing masks and ignoring social distancing, I am unsure how long that will last. Fingers crossed for everyone here and their nearest and dearest. I hope you can take a pic from any Osprey site you visit (unless you will only be resting and snoozing and enjoying the sun, which should work, I hope!)

Kind regards, Ann

• Harelady:  Thank you or that link.  I saw the House in the Clouds when my sister and I spent a night in Aldeburgh and were driving around (but missed the fresh croissants and pastries at Olga's!)  

Lindybird:  I know what you mean about leaving while thing are in bloom.  I'll probably go back to Arizona in a few weeks and really don't want to miss the Cecille Bruner when it's in full bloom.

• ANNETTE - Online classes were only for first 2 weeks and required several weeks of preparation (!). Each teacher sets their own program based on the curriculum.  Dau#2 very critical – if it were a business, a small team would be appointed to set the details, return to report to all who would then do The Same Thing. I dare not say this to Dau#1 who is a teacher <grin>. She has the first class, the poor babies who only started in February. So many of her class have covid, she has only had 8 students last few days.

Restrictions eased yesterday. Now it takes 4 hours to be a close contact rather than 15 mins. (I hope those little spiky things are aware of this.) Quarantine reduced from 14 to 7 days. Discarding of masks planned for mid April (just in time for Easter). Oh well, we shall just have to continue staying home as much as poss.

• AQ - the virus is hitting schools badly, up here. I'm sure that I heard on the radio that there were one million new infections in the UK last week. My son in law is leaving on Wednesday for Perth. He'll be working on a ship this time.
    LINDY - Enjoy the restful few days in Wales. I believe that from Monday, there will be no compulsory isolation for covid sufferers there.
    Our Danes arrive today. My eldest daughter set to with the vacuum cleaner yesterday. I hadn't asked her to, but it was a lovely surprise. She did mention , in a very nice way, that it would be a good idea to wear my specs when doing housework :-) Nothing that I didn't know,already but I had a chuckle...
  • LOL, Heather! I got my OH to clean above a window frame the other day, and was horrified at the dirt revealed, which I hadn't noticed/couldn't see! Enjoy your visitors.

Good Morning. Sunny again here. Hoping to sit outside & get some Vitamin D.

Edit: Gardenbirder, we hope to get to the Glaslyn Site later in the season, I usually time it for when there are little humbugs on the nest!!

• got behind again - really not feeling up to much, but thanks for all the posts.

Was pleased yesterday to get some herbs from the greenhouse and prepare for freezing. Would like to spend time in the garden today but the time is passing. I have to be ready when it is convenient for OH to move me. Still hoping to find a safe route to get me onto the deck this summer - via th garage somehow - but it means getting rid of more junk and moving a large cupboard.

Not going to try to wrte any more as I am so miserable.
  • OG Sorry to hear you are feeling so miserable. Saw the pics of those beautiful lambs. Hope they help cheer you up a bit.

Lindy Have a lovely time in Wales.

HEATHER Hope you enjoy the visit from your friends.
  • Thanks, DIBNLIB.
    OG - I found myself wondering whether J could push your wheelchair, but then I remembered that the person in the chair has to feel confidence in the ' pusher'. Too quick, too slow, hazards that the chairbound person can see and the pusher can't, etc. I hope that you manage to get in the garden today .