LOCH GARTEN - MARCH / APRIL 2022

All quiet on the Osprey front but all delighted to be able to watch the NEW nest on the NEW cam. Thanks to all for the hard work erecting / installing both. You derserve a sucessful breeding pair this year for your efforts.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• The FISH IS BACK !!!

Mistle's eating it on the nest.

IMAGICAT

• I hope we get a nice tail-swallowing.

IMAGICAT

• Whatever rocks your boat Scylla! Mine is anchored very soundly on tail swallowing! Ugh!

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• ok........... the moment you have all been waitig for:

DAILY SUMMARY 28 APRIL

You will be pleased to know that Raymond Blanc's Potato Dauphinoise was a hit! EXCEPT:

1. As I was eating it with loin of lamb I added mint to the potatoes and cream. INSPIRATIONAL!

2. Raymond suggests slicing the potatoes to 1/16 of an inch. Sadly I need a visit to Specsavers amd I will blame me and not him, some of my slices were too thick and barely cooked - so I suggest you use a mandolin (I will not be responsible for claims for chopped off fingers so don't even try it!),,,,,,,,,,,,, even when I,,,,,,,,,,,,

3. Altered the suggested cooking time of 35 min @ 120 C 250 F my tatties were not brown on the top so I blasted them at 220 for 10 minutes which did the trick!

I was a little rude yesterday about Tesco's Low Calorie Chilli con carne so I will respect them today (not wishing for a complimentary month's shop from them but I will supply my address in a PM if so requested) and say the lamb was succulent and tender.

Oh! I almost forgot, Axel brough in a fish less than 24 hours after his last offering - a record methinks. It was headless. She ate some. Then gave him back the tail. Then Mistle decided she was hungry again, so he gave her half the tail. WONDERFUL to see the fish being passed to and fro! The pair bond is working out nicely and they are trusting each other!

• 28 April - recap

Dearest Mistle made the nestcup better Heart

Later... it suits her Hugging 

Then it was Axel's turn to make a contribution - but his stick-selection skills still need improvement - there's no way you're going to set a 3-pronged stick with no stick-up, Axel Rofl 

After all that, plus a successful mating and some flying, Axel was tired out!

But he pulled himself together and brought in a much better calibre of stick!

The fish delivery:

Have run out of puff now, so no bring-back or any subsequent events, shall try again later but lots of other cams to do then.

However, if we get an egg my priorities may change Rofl 

IMAGICAT

• I have no idea how you do it Scylla but you hsve picked some amazing shots and turned them into stills! Mistle sitting in the nest cup is divine and the one where you captured the eyes being closed is superb!!!!

• Well, Sheila is going to be well pleased to return to find out Mistle has held off on an egg until her return! That is a wonderful recap! Potatoes and cream will taste delish with any herb, but esp. mint! Oh and of course, scylla's marvelous snaps! :-D

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• This is the last I can find of Axel, he flew off, not to the old nest or dead tree, @ 17:05:

I hope Mistle doesn't get too attached to the old nest!  She flew over there for 20 minutes, then back to the nest  perch and spent the rest of the evening between perch and nest, finally flying @ 21:38:

IMAGICAT

• First bird back to the nest at 04.15 and some seconds. I presume it's Mistle, but still far too dark to make out any markings in the bird.

Smiles, Jan.

• 29 April

The first hour - with 2 matings!

Now one is on the nest, the other on the perch, am just going to check what has transpired Slight smile

IMAGICAT