LOCH GARTEN - MARCH / APRIL 2022

All quiet on the Osprey front but all delighted to be able to watch the NEW nest on the NEW cam. Thanks to all for the hard work erecting / installing both. You derserve a sucessful breeding pair this year for your efforts.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• scylla said:

CRinger said:
    No dounbt Scylla will confirm the late fly-by

Everything comes to him who waits... sometimes!

Interesting that he perched beside the cam - we need another angle on it, maybe we could see what's there in that drone footage?

https://youtu.be/32gAkCDmNPg

This was on the way up to the campost:

You GOT that very late fly-by with a fish! What a star Scylla!

I wonder why he didn't perch closer to the nest to eat it. Why didn't he do a display with it?

Hmmmmm.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Oh I so hope a female Osp shows up. Wonder what happened to Mistle ?

Many thanks for the video Scylla

• AND after such an industrious day yesterday, he is very much noticeable by his absence so far today!

• Oh dear! I hope all Axel's efforts are rewarded but it's worrying he's not been to the nest this morning
  • Unknown said:
    Oh dear! I hope all Axel's efforts are rewarded but it's worrying he's not been to the nest this morning

I agree Korky. I am getting quite worried.

SYLLA: You haven't by any chance got or could get a clip of him scooting off the nest after giving an alarm call? I think it was 18:10 yesterday.

• They make 1 alarm call if it is an intruding Osprey that is threatening them and a slightly different call if it is a 'human' intruder. I only heard it once yesterday evening. I want to get my ear tuned in again and listen several times.

• At last!
    Must be perched close - calling.

• Yup - on the old dead nest tree - and eating.

• We can stand at ease Korky. We haven't  lost out Osprey! Grin

• ?FEMALE? Osprey to the nest @ 10:50. No colour ring - appears to be a metal ring on right leg/.