LOCH GARTEN - FEEDBACK ON YOUR MUG ORDERS WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

Can I be so bold as to start this new thread for the most iconic Osprey nest in the world?

Hopefully if the season progresses the way all of us would like it can be changed to a monthly, weekly then daily threads!

Question: are we having a sweepstake for the first confirmed sighting of a bird on the nest this year? If so I will get my prediction in now - 21st March 7.53 am Osprey without a fish.

We can only hope that we shall be able to witness it ourselves via a camera rather than having to read a report.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Lynn L said:

Been out all day, only back and having a quick catch up and wondered just what all the fuss has been about!!!! 

Well...............are you all ready...............seated comfortably..............here it is................Drum roll please.......

I can can confirm that we have our winner, our very own dearest CC, a nest landing at 11.48am, only 12 minutes earlier from her guess @ 12.00 NOON (CC I had changed this from what I originally wrote as 12pm, even confirmed it to you as well, and it still shows 12am, Grrrrr), never mind you are now the recipient of those lovely mugs, with a picture of our beloved and special Osprey EJ, so very kindly donated by our very own CRinger, something for you to treasure forever. 

Well done and thanks everyone for joining in with this bit of fun and excitement.   

In an attempt to avoid a possible 'steward's enquiry'; into the result - I thinlk I should point out that CCs guess was for ,MONDAY, not today,TUESDAY - BUT by my calculation CC is still the closest. All agreed? 

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• CRinger said:

In an attempt to avoid a possible 'steward's enquiry'; into the result - I thinlk I should point out that CCs guess was for ,MONDAY, not today,TUESDAY - BUT by my calculation CC is still the closest. All agreed? 

OMG, I' ve now GOT THE DAY WRONG. 

Last night I knew perfectly well that there were no gusse's for today, as I had nowt to post until tomorrow, just got carried away in the excitement!!

No need for any enquiry CRinger Pensive yes,  CC is the winner.

(You would not think that my now part time job from previously full time, is a Practice Administrator!)

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• You've done an excellent job with collating all the guesses, Catlady. Thank you so much! :)
  • Shall we say 14 days from today for people to post on this thread how many mugs they would like @ £6.99 a mug? I can then send a PM to finalise details.

• Sounds like a very good plan, CRinger!
  • Yes, that is good.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• I love the wonderful idea, CRinger. With a signed note from you to authenticate the provenance!!

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• AHHHH!!! Thank you, everyone!!!! It has been such an exciting day.
    I have just returned from an afternoon jaunt out to a local park where I had watched an osprey pair last year raise three osplets, for my very first time in person. I'm quite sure they are a seasoned couple, however, though I had just discovered them. So today, I decided was a veery good day to go out and check if anyone had returned.

YES. One osprey was sitting on the nest, waiting for the other to return. The Season has well and truly begun.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• So we have a landing on the nest - good news. Congrats CC for getting the timing almost right.
  • The quantity of mugs I order will depend on the capacity - ie, fluid ounces or litres.  Failing that info being easily forthcoming, height and diameter would suffice.

I do hope I'm not looking an almost gift-horse in the mouth.

Much appreciated, CRINGER Hugging

IMAGICAT