LOCH GARTEN - FEEDBACK ON YOUR MUG ORDERS WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

Can I be so bold as to start this new thread for the most iconic Osprey nest in the world?

Hopefully if the season progresses the way all of us would like it can be changed to a monthly, weekly then daily threads!

Question: are we having a sweepstake for the first confirmed sighting of a bird on the nest this year? If so I will get my prediction in now - 21st March 7.53 am Osprey without a fish.

We can only hope that we shall be able to witness it ourselves via a camera rather than having to read a report.

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Where do you get the discussions link Valerie?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Lynn L said:
    Where do you get the discussions link Valerie?

It is the "Any News about the Loch Garten Webcams?' thread

https://community.rspb.org.uk/placestovisit/lochgartenospreys/f/loch-garten-ospreys/278784/any-news-about-the-live-webcams-at-loch-garten

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Thanks CRinger, was being a complete thicko! I thought Valerie meant there was specific place on the page, in a tab somewhere, left or right, I was looking everywhere, never thought she meant an actual post, if I had gone to those as normal, I would have seen it Sob

• Still have my thicko hat on here! Trying to set the nest on home page as I have done with all the others, but as it is on YouTube, when I go to open it, I have all the YouTube videos, help please, thanks.

• I use GOOGLE as my browser. First open the LG webcam on Youtube.
    Next at the top right hand of the browser there are 3 vertical dots. Click on them, Near the bottom of the sub menu that appears select 'Settings'. A new window should open.
    On the left hand side of the new window select 'On Start-up'
    Select the 3rd option 'Open a specific page or set of pages'
    Now click 'add a new page'
    Now copy and paste the URL of the You Tube LG camera
    Click add
    Now close your browser then open it to check it works!

• Sorry I totally missed your question , hope all sorted x I perhaps should have said thread rather than discussion 

Valerie

• The new nest looks just great. Jess and the Team have worked so hard . I wish us all a really really successful season .
  • Shall we start a new thread ............ LOCH GARTEN MARCH 2022 - seems to make sense as we now have a camera and this thread can continue to capture the guesses? All those is favour say AYE. All those against - keep quiet!

Joy

• CRinger said:
    All those against - keep quiet!

Nope!  Because...

WildlifeWindows said it's only a temporary "taste test" (or similar), so it might go off again ???  EDIT - and the stream was extremely stuttery overnight, I haven't checked today and haven't got the energy to open the page even, now.

Well, I'm away for the day now, and if I come back to find a new thread I'll just have egg on my face and have to lump it Grin 

IMAGICAT

• scylla said:

CRinger said:
    All those against - keep quiet!

Nope!  Because..

fight! FIGHT! Grin

4 other sites have threads for March - their cameras might go off as well! And we have been promised that another will replace it. Let the next comment decide whether Scylla returns from her sojourn with scrambled egg for dinner / supper!