Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 6 March 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a healthy, safe, serene week! 

Outdoor Indiana, the photographic publication produced by the state of Indiana, said that the American White Pelicans are now in the southern part of the state! They're migrating north to their breeding grounds in Canada, and they should appear on the lakes in my area very soon! They're one of the largest birds in N. America with a wingspan of 9 feet. I'm always very excited to see them, because they're beautiful and their presence here means that SPRING IS COMING!!! This winter has been a particularly hard one for me. I've really felt the cold, so I'm ecstatic that warm temps are around the corner. WOO HOO!!!

• Heather:  Had to Google that hymn; isn't one I grew up with.  Can't imagine how you would offend anyone.  Meanwhile, a three-day visit is great as we all know what happens to fish and houseguests after that point...

AQ;  I often wonder what Ms. D comes up with a school after listening in to opinions at home.  

Lindybird: I'd hate to think how many near-misses I've had while distracted; nice to know folks like you are keeping an eye out.  :-)

Have been remiss in responses due to editorial panic attack at the magazine I freelance for.  I'd told the editor who's just taken over that section that I wouldn't be free for the current issue due to recent trip to AZ, but she's been slammed with work, hasn't got a handle on this particular section, which has just been completely revamped and had nothing on hand by the time I got back.   After three days of her anxious e-mails I managed to fill the holes.  Must sort out the mess of papers and then send the invoice (always the best part!).

• Annette - Hope you charge a premium for 'panic' situations!

Heather - I looked up that hymn as well. I didn't recognise the words but I know the tune. Thank you for the 'introduction'.

Lindy - I seem to see more young people with their eyes and their full concentration on their phones rather than the traffic! If they do happen to notice me as I am clearly indicating, they get The Glare. If they don't notice me they get the horn! My car is bright green and easily seen ... if only people are looking.