Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 6 March 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a healthy, safe, serene week! 

Outdoor Indiana, the photographic publication produced by the state of Indiana, said that the American White Pelicans are now in the southern part of the state! They're migrating north to their breeding grounds in Canada, and they should appear on the lakes in my area very soon! They're one of the largest birds in N. America with a wingspan of 9 feet. I'm always very excited to see them, because they're beautiful and their presence here means that SPRING IS COMING!!! This winter has been a particularly hard one for me. I've really felt the cold, so I'm ecstatic that warm temps are around the corner. WOO HOO!!!

• Its been one of those days when nothing works out as planned, so I've had to just Go With The Flow. My OH kindly went to collect my iron prescription which had come in, & he did a couple of errands at the same time, so I set to & mopped floors whilst he was out!

Our Youngest rang to say that our much looked forward to meeting with them this Sunday was now off: poor little Rosie is being sick, and there are also many cases of the virus at her nursery, where she only goes for a couple of mornings a week. We daren't go if there is a health issue, of course.

Heather, I hope the Danes will be able to visit. Fingers crossed!
  • I'm sorry, LINDY that your family visit hasn't worked out. Our Danes are relentlessly optimistic, have been tested twice weekly since the start of the pandemic. My granddaughter is coming to the end of incarceration in her bedroom, Mum, Dad and sister remain clear of the lurgy.
  • Good Lord it's been quiet on here.  I've been busy with one thing and multiple others but sort of back to sort of 'normal'.

Lndybird: Ditto re family visit.  :-(

Heather:  Fingers crossed things continue to go well.  How long are the Danes staying?

Hallo to everyone else!  

• Our state authorities have relaxed covid restrictions because hospital numbers are not too high. No density limits in hospitality or events or at home. Singing & dancing allowed. Masks still required, not that everyone bothers. Currently it's Mad March and Adelaide has Festival, Fringe & this weekend WOMAD happening. Just watch our covid numbers rise. <sigh> Restrictions eased as we hear of another variant.

Twins have come home from school with news of a rather vocal little miss whose mother doesn’t believe in any vaccinations. Said miss complaining it’s not fair that mother lost her job. Dau has had to have further discussions on need for vax. Trio are booked for their second jab today.

• Just a thought

The most wasted of days is one without laughter. (E E Cummings)

• Good Morning. The sun is coming out here against a blue sky, as the earlier drizzle departs: mixed weather forecast but some warmer temps, gradually, as winter reluctantly gives way to spring weather.

AQ - It's similar here - some are still mask wearing (including us) but others behaving as if Its All Over. Hence my OH is going to a prize giving event tonight at the Sports Club, to do with last year's golf, but I have cried off as I'm terrified to go to a not too large room full of people.

My OH had his prostate cancer over 7 years ago, now - at the time, he warned all friends and neighbours to get a simple blood test, as he had. If he hadn't insisted on getting one, he would have been a very ill person by now. Now, one of his golfing friends admits that after getting symptoms he has finally been tested and found to have it. He's now waiting for further tests to tell how advanced it is <sigh> -- it could have been avoided.
  • Sunshine here - I got laundry on the line and it almost blew away!

Most people in our biggest supermarket were still wearing masks today. A woman is walking around not knowing that she has me to thank, as I was watching her as she walked straight off the safety of the pavement in front of me just as the traffic lights changed- she didn't look at all and went blissfully on her way as I braked in good time.

Just ordered some new bird feeders. Ours are wearing out - not surprising. Just wish that some of the seeds etc weren't so expensive these days. Daren't add up how much it costs me in a year!
  • Shopping with eldest and middle daughters today.
    ANNETTE - all being well, the Danes will be here for three days. We are hoping to have a family get together next Saturday. We won't have a seated meal, I think that would be foolish, sitting close to each other at the table. Instead, we will spread ourselves around between the rooms.
    Such terrible news from Ukraine.
    .-This may sound silly as I am no longer a regular church goer but -
    For some reason a hymn/song has been in my head all day today. ' Eternal ruler of the ceaseless round'. I hadn't heard or sung it for years but looked it up on YouTube. I'm sorry if I've offended anyone - it's just strange that the words just came into mind...

• HEATHER - we do think J's pains are related to mine (and my mother and her dad) but previous doc said inflamatory arthritis did not show in blood tests and osteao does not run in families! Considering his childhood radiotherapy, he is likely to have arthritic conditions, so we wait to see what this doc says.

I did start this earlier, but was interrupted because E-E wanted to wheel me from study to dining room, so this will have to be all for today - sorry!