Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 6 March 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a healthy, safe, serene week! 

Outdoor Indiana, the photographic publication produced by the state of Indiana, said that the American White Pelicans are now in the southern part of the state! They're migrating north to their breeding grounds in Canada, and they should appear on the lakes in my area very soon! They're one of the largest birds in N. America with a wingspan of 9 feet. I'm always very excited to see them, because they're beautiful and their presence here means that SPRING IS COMING!!! This winter has been a particularly hard one for me. I've really felt the cold, so I'm ecstatic that warm temps are around the corner. WOO HOO!!!

•  First time on this week and just reading through posts.

Lindybird - those horns are magnificent - alright enlarging on my computer Annette. It does go grey and then enlargement comes up.

OG - lovely to see that you've managed to get out into the garden and all that baking - sounds yummy

This was my view of Snowdon in 2016 from the Glaslyn Osprey site.

• OG - pleased to hear that you have both managed to get out and about even if it isn't very far. A change of scenery is always welcome.

Have been reading all your news and glad to see that Annette has made it home. Hope dau is progressing well in her recovery.

Thanks for all your news.

Well finally we are hoping to book a holiday for August to recharge our batteries. Money has finally landed in my account to enable us to do this. Also hoping to look at adjustable beds and possibly a scooter at the weekend. I know that an adjustable bed may be more beneficial to the way I sleep. As to the scooter - I don't drive and if I feel reasonably confident on one it will give me a bit of independence whilst dau is at work. Can pop down to the local shops or even the cafe in the village. Will have to wait and see how things go.
  • Lynette:  Bravo on all those positive things you're doing, especially the scooter.  Lovely photo of Snowdon there.  :-)

Lindybird:  Haha - that's why  I keep a pen and a Post It pad by my bed.  

Hallo to everyone!

• OG – I think J should keep well away from that little girl. Who knows what he might be accused of. Our world is crazy - stupid question - how on earth did she get to be violent so young? Enuff said.

LYNETTE - Glad you are treating yourself to a holiday, a new bed & a scooter. Why not make yourself comfortable.

I read only this morn that some 2.4% of SA school children are absent with covid and in some schools there are not enough teachers available even for supervision. A few schools have returned classes to homeschooling. Of course one may consider this news has been influenced by our state election next week. Aussie voting is compulsory and OH & I have sent in postal votes as we do not want to chance catching covid.

• Just a thought

You can get a reputation for bravery by letting everyone else panic first.

• Good Morning. Sun is just coming up and coming out here.

Lynette, lovely picture of beautiful Wales. We hope to go to Glaslyn again once the season there has started: I usually time it for seeing them feeding the chicks when they are tiny. This winter a new observation platform has been built so that's exciting

I hope all your plans work out and the scooter is successful. Being mobile would make a huge difference.

Off to get hosed down & dressed - must send back a sweater I bought which was so big it had room in it for two!
  • Good Morning. Sun is just coming up and coming out here.

Lynette, lovely picture of beautiful Wales. We hope to go to Glaslyn again once the season there has started: I usually time it for seeing them feeding the chicks when they are tiny. This winter a new observation platform has been built so that's exciting

I hope all your plans work out and the scooter is successful. Being mobile would make a huge difference.

Off to get hosed down & dressed - must send back a sweater I bought which was so big it had room in it for two!
  • I see I've made my point by repeating myself!!!!!
  • Double you to fit in that sweater LOL