Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 6 March 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK! 

I hope everyone has a healthy, safe, serene week! 

Outdoor Indiana, the photographic publication produced by the state of Indiana, said that the American White Pelicans are now in the southern part of the state! They're migrating north to their breeding grounds in Canada, and they should appear on the lakes in my area very soon! They're one of the largest birds in N. America with a wingspan of 9 feet. I'm always very excited to see them, because they're beautiful and their presence here means that SPRING IS COMING!!! This winter has been a particularly hard one for me. I've really felt the cold, so I'm ecstatic that warm temps are around the corner. WOO HOO!!!

• Lindy: Those mountain goats are glorious!!! Wish I could see them in person. Sorry you had to return home sooner than planned. Hope your next trip will be better. 

Annette: I'm not having any trouble enlarging Lindy's photos. However, I'm using a desktop PC to view them. I don't know whether that's the difference.

Harelady: Hope your injury is less painful.

OG: Please send those brownies. LOL

• I read that the webcam at Loch Garten will be up and running by the end of March....

AQ - Sorry to read tonight about the devastating floods there. Worst in living memory. Some folks have lost everything.

Diane - Tornadoes again in the US, many dead. How shocking.
  • Diane --- When I studied them closely, I noticed that the goats had very sturdy legs, rather like table legs! When we see them on the hillsides, they're very nimble creatures. My OH suggested that if I got too close to them, I would reel from their smell as they certainly weren't very clean looking, LOL!!
  • LINDY: It's difficult to take a shower while standing precariously on the side of a cliff. LOL LOL
  • Hallo all:  Well for some reason I can now see the larger versions of Lindybird's photos.  :-)   I think AQ has a point about patience.

AQ;  Well, just shows how much I know about OZ. Congratulations on living in the most earthquake-prone city in the country.  Do you have special building codes?  

• Lunch yesterday with my “longest” friend (we met at high school). We planned to be covid-safe & sit outside but it was too breezy & cold (by our summer standard LOL). Being Monday luckily it was not busy inside and we nattered for, ahem, hours. A cool 24 C today.
  • Just a thought

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it. (Edith Wharton)

• Good Morning. Sun is trying to come out here after a cold night once more - its 1 degree at present.

AQ - Nice for you to enjoy a natter. I just looked at your fault line map, which looks scary.

My OH has just left for his cold trek around the golf course - I'm not jealous!!
  • Lots of phoning etc here - granddaughter has tested positive for covid. Youngest family were here at the weekend - they always test before coming but the dreaded lurgy has invaded their home. Now of course I just test daily and the Danish visit is in jeopardy.
  • Good morning – still sunny on Tuesday. Yesterday was the first trip out for myself and E-E since March 2020 (other than medical appointments). We went to the Devil’s Porridge Museum – just a ten mile round trip. Not a very clever thing to do in current circumstances, but their facilities (lift and loo) and covid precautions are excellent, the new (to us) upstairs second world war layout is as good as downstairs, and we enjoyed our hot chocolate and cake snack.
    LINDA – loved the goats – we have wild ones in the Galloway hills and I can sit and watch them for ages. Your photos enlarge fine for me.
    HEATHER – sorry one of the Elgin girls has tested positive – hope she didn’t leave it with you.
    I was very cold in the night – E-E turned the heating on and I had three hot water bottles – first time this winter! Okay indoors today, but there is a cold breeze outside.