GLASLYN OSPREY - 2022 SEASON

(Last season's 153-page mega-thread.)

We look forward to MrsG and Aran's return with even more eagerness and anxiety than usual.

Guestimated due dates per ©UKOspreys.uk

GLASLYN YOUTUBE CHANNEL - where the latest live stream link can always be found.

IMAGICAT

• Morning SCYLLA So fantastic that they are back together Mrs G may look wet, she may look grumpy but she looks GREAT
  • patily said:
    she looks GREAT

She sure does !!!

She got a FISH just now - sorry it's not a good view, it's an instant snap from a distance:

EDIT

This is what was delivered:

IMAGICAT

• It is now how it should be Hugging

IMAGICAT

• There seem to have been intruderS around today

13:14  Helen Morris  ​Defo 1 possibly 3 osprey intruders above VC now!

13:14   Helen Morris  ​Both pairs are still on their own nests

13:17  Barbara  Aran off 13.17

13:18   Barbara  Mrs G leaves soon after

13.19   Helen Morris​  One osprey on PC nest
    13:25   Helen Morris​  Both back at PC nest

Still no one on the Glaslyn nest

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• 13.34 They are both back on the nest.
    13.51 Mrs G is calling for fish, Aran is pottering, nestorising.

• MrsG was on the perch when she aniticipated a fish from Aran and flew to the nest to receive it - but he landed on the perch with it and ate the blooming lot !!!

This is 2 pics in one, brilliantly executed by our scylla Stuck out tongue deciding to waste time on it even tho she's very tired and has something important to check on on another nest.

Then he went and got another fish and let MrsG have a measly bit, which she ate on the fence under the cam and we were unable to see very well:

Then he went and got another nuther one and MrsG got that one whole, I'm going no further:

Except to show that while MrsG was eating the area was blanketed with mist:

The mist appeared to clear when nightcam proper kicked in - she's still on the perch as I type:

IMAGICAT

• Mrs G standing on the edge of the nest at the back. No sign oof Aran
  • Thanks girls pics and post, much appreciated. Fortunately, at the moment at least, I am able to catch the action as it happens
  • Earlier, Gail said she was up late,.  Mrs G was on the perch

ca 00.15

There was a fluttering noise, and Aran flew to the perch to mate

ca 02.30

Aran flew to the nest, bottom of the snip

Mrs G was calling gently but persistently

I was called away to advise on delicate gardening, and my laptop when asleep - and these days doesn't wake up, so I have to shut it down and reboot.  So I lost all the chat.

Around 06.00 Mrs G is calling from the nest - a misty morn!

Aran soon landed, and she continued to call

ca 06.08 Aran flew to the perch

ca 06.10 Aran takes flight, to the right beyond the bright green trees, and the single pine, disappearing in the blue sky top right.  A few minutes later Mrs G took off, following the same flight pattern.

ca 06.40 Mrs G returned to the nest with Aran.  I think Aran remained on the nest, near us, but out of our view

ca 07.00 Aran flew in with a clod of nesting material - he must have slipped out of the back door, LOL  Mrs G started food soliciting.

ca 07.10  on the perch together, preening

ca 07.50  after lots of nagging Aran finally flew off 

09.35 Aran returned to the perch with a brown trout - info from Chat

I must have missed the first fish, Gail said

09:38   Gail Edgley​  Aran really is on top form - two trout already - hers and his!

09:40   Gail Edgleyor from Llyn Cwmystaddlyn - a favourite fishing lake of Aran's about 3km away

09:42   Gail EdgleyI've heard that the Portmadog cob is teeming with mullet !

09.45 Aran flew from the from the perch to the nest. Mrs G didn't grab it from him, so he continued to eat the trout on the nest.  Chat suggested that Mrs G had not long finished her earlier trout although I must have skipped that.

ca 09.58  Aran eating the tail end on the near rim

ca 10.22 Aran paused.  There was quite a bit of noise - farm traffic/clanking, and (I think) a plane came through 

10.27 Aran turned round and Mrs G took the tail end!  She ate it on the left rim and Aran flossed on the back of the nest.  She finished the fish, dropped to the cup, Aran attempted to mate, but he got it all wrong and slipped off.  Mrs G got more settled and gently called.  Another attempted which looked successful. 

Aran flew off

Mrs G did some nest cupping

The cam suddenly lifted and showed Aran on the perch 

At some point they changed position - Mrs G on the perch and Aran on the nest

ca 11.10  Mating on the perch

Aran flew, out of sight of the cam

Now

That's up to date at 11.16 - with some missed!!  It's looking very settled, thank goodness

© Bywyd Gwyllt Glaslyn Wildlife