GLASLYN OSPREY - 2022 SEASON

(Last season's 153-page mega-thread.)

We look forward to MrsG and Aran's return with even more eagerness and anxiety than usual.

Guestimated due dates per ©UKOspreys.uk

GLASLYN YOUTUBE CHANNEL - where the latest live stream link can always be found.

IMAGICAT

• patily said:
    I hope Mrs G dooesn't have a battle on her hands

So do I - she needs a peaceful, productive season with her regular beau Purple heart

Here was Aeron on Aran's nest:

Showing Aeron turning around on the other fence:

I'm dreading investigating the PC goings-on, SHEILA Astonished

IMAGICAT

• Bringing forward SHEILA's interesting post, which I had BOPS'd.

SheilaFE wrote the following post at 3 Apr 2022 3:09 PM:

14:52  Heather Corfield  ​We have a clearer view on the new camera, but at the moment it is not on the encoder.  

​Z2 bought in the fish. It's is the second one he has bought in today, although he had eaten most of the first one himself.

IMAGICAT

• The Floozie with Aeron over on Pont Croesor:

An attempted mating while MrsG was eating a fish - her tail went up but he'd given up by then (yes, that b/w bird is Aeron):

Talking of giving up - that's what I'm going to do with this cam for a while, need to quickly check another nest or two and then take a break.

IMAGICAT

• I refuse to 'like' the video on the thread Scylla, although I always do on YouTube. It's just the principal of the thing. You know Aran is an April boy Mrs G , I'm fed up with you. Z2 doesn't know better. Oh, hurry UP Aran
  • Excellent coverage, Scylla - words to videos! It is so difficult to make out the goings-on on the PC nest. LOL, I have every sympathy, Cirrus. I'll give him another two or three days, but will then get very worried. We are so used to Mrs G and Aran being together it is impossible to imagine him not returning. Remember her squeal of delight last year when she spotted him before he landed on the nest. It was so delightful.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• OK Sheila, and yes, Scylla's done a marvellous job (as usual) so many thanks for that Scylla. I can't remember the date Aran arrived but maybe it's on Chloe's imagicat . I'll look just in case

mmm, I did look. Aran could or could not be 'late'   !

• What's this I've just re-discovered !!!!!

With Aeron and Tegid breeding in north Wales,

this means that Monty and Glesni have now had FOUR birds return and successfully breed in THREE different countries. Clarach bred in Aberfoyle, Scotland and may still be there.

Well, I can't remember who Aeron's mate is - anyone??  I wish she'd get a hurry on

Muriel Mullet (from Dyfi Chat) has told me  014 from Poole  is Aeron's mate. Let's hope she makes it home.

• The cam has recently shifted focus to the PC nest, which appears to be empty.

IMAGICAT

• The PC nest has got Z2 and Mrs G in attendance at the moment.

Richard B

• Mini-vid - MrsG & Aeron:

IMAGICAT