LOCH OF THE LOWES - MARCH/APRIL 2022

Link to August 2021 to end of February 2022

Webcam page with links to LotL Visitor Centre and Wildlife Reserve FB, Twitter and Blogs >>>

https://scottishwildlifetrust.org.uk/things-to-do/watch-wildlife-online/loch-of-the-lowes-webcam/

The Osprey Protection Programme at Loch of the Lowes is supported by players of People’s Postcode Lottery.

All captures and videos ©Scottish Wildlife Trust/Loch of the Lowes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2021 return dates: LM12 (Laddie) - 21st March;  NC0(16) - 25th March

Laddie and NC0 were an exceptional team during 2021, successfully raising two very feisty and well fed juveniles, LR1 and LR2.  LR2 was sighted in Southern Spain on 3.9.21 and again on 25.10.21

2022 marks Laddie's 11th breeding year, NC0's 3rd, and very much hope that our wonderful pair have a safe, spring migration back to this stunning nest location at Loch of the Lowes. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March/April Blogs and Updates

4.3.22: Blog (which includes a summary of the 2021 season with videos) >>> The countdown has begun...

13.3.22 c12:00: Laddie (LM12) arrived back from migration. 

Blog >>> LM12 has arrived back at Loch of the Lowes

23.3.22 c18:14: NC0 arrived back from migration. 

Blog >>> NC0 has arrived back at Loch of the Lowes

25.3.22: LotL Presentation >>> The Osprey Season: What can we expect?

31.3.22: Blog >>> Crowded House: Intruding Ospreys at Loch of the Lowes

5.4.22: Blog >>> When Will We Have Osprey Eggs at Loch of the Lowes?

12.4.22 c18:35: Egg #1  Blog >>> NC0 lays her first egg of 2022!

15.4.22 c16:05: Egg #2  Blog >>> NC0 has laid her second egg!

16.4.22: Blog >>> Updates from Week 1 & 2 of Osprey Watch at Loch of the Lowes

16.4.22: PT4(19) arrived back from migration.

Blog by Joanna Dailey (18.4.22) >>> Loch of the Lowes' PT4 returns to Kielder Forest

18.4.22 c12:14: Egg #3  Blog >>> NC0 lays her 3rd egg!

26.4.22: Blog >>> Updates from Week 3 of Osprey Watch at Loch of the Lowes

29.4.22: Blog >>> Meet Our Species Protection Officers at Loch of the Lowes

• Excellent presentation. Let's hope the updates continue.
  • There was a new blog yesterday about Blue NC0's arrival scottishwildlifetrust.org.uk/.../

Valerie

• 18:04 A headless fish delivery to NC0

She took it off nest (from the right) and then her flight took her over the Loch (behind the nest) towards the birch. She landed there after making a short detour.

©SWT/LotL

• MC. Unusual. Sunset reflected off the trees onto the loch surface.
  • Apologies if this has been reported before, but there does not appear to be a time stamp on this livestream- at least not visible on my devices. How do we ask for one to be added please?
  • Mike B said:
    MC. Unusual. Sunset reflected off the trees onto the loch surface.

Yes Mike, if i didn't know different I could imagine a magnficent autumnal day. :)

• Helen, it has been asked for before but I'd get in touch with the team and see if they can help.
    Details on SWT website. Some sites will not have them.....don't ask!!
    It's like Marmite you either love it or hate it!
  • Mike B said:
    Helen, it has been asked for before but I'd get in touch with the team and see if they can help.
    Details on SWT website. Some sites will not have them.....don't ask!!
    It's like Marmite you either love it or hate it!

Thanks Mike,

I can't remember whether there was one last year- I can only ask for one and await the reply?!

• Dear HELEN - And while you're at it, could you please report the same inexcusable omission to Glaslyn and Dyfi admins? 

(I've just had to delete a huge rant, suffice to say that I am very upset by and uncomprehending of their decisions not to embed a timeline.)

On a cheerier note - something about NC0's "look" made me snap her, even tho her beak is lost, as so often against a dark background, and she had to be cropped so she's rather low-res:

Mike wrote the following post at 25 Mar 2022 6:19 PM:

MC. Unusual. Sunset reflected off the trees onto the loch surface.

I'm not sure if I've got the optimal view because it's a bit earlier, in order to cover fish and Laddie's performance:

IMAGICAT

• scylla wrote the following post at 25 Mar 2022 9:28 PM:

Dear HELEN - And while you're at it, could you please report the same inexcusable omission to Glaslyn and Dyfi admins? 

(I've just had to delete a huge rant, suffice to say that I am very upset by and uncomprehending of their decisions not to embed a timeline.)

My old brain gets very tired counting backwards remembering to subtract from 60 rather than a hundred, and then I have to allow for the length of the clip I was taking, so I usually say 'around' or 'about' x time in the description. A discreet on-screen date and clock would be soooooo helpful. It's not like it costs a fee to have one. I agree some screens look too cluttered - thinking of Urdaibai - but taking Rutland for example, their lovely timeline doesn't detract from or obscure any action, so wonder what the rationale is behind the omission?