Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 27 February 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

The moon turns new on 2 March. I can't wait for SPRING!

The coyotes are yipping and howling every night now. It's their mating season.

Best wishes to everyone!

• Hello to all !
    ANNETTE - tech and phone problems can be a nightmare, I know. I always attempt to sort things out myself but sometimes have to call on one of the family
    OG - did you decide on chairs this morning ?
    LINDY - Going to Wales - great. I hope that the weather and road traffic will be kind to you..

AQ - sil has departed your shores and is currently en route from Melbourne to Doha.
    Not good news about the flooding on the Pacific coast.

I am working as hard as I can to clear plaster dust from the back room. Despite dust sheets and some furniture being moved, I still have a battle on my hands. I can only do so much before my back gets sore. A real nuisance.
  • Annette - Commiserations on the tech problems. Such a pain.

AQ -- I was going to mention the floods on the East Coast, but then completely forgot. Those poor people, what a terrible thing.

Heather, dust just gets everywhere. Good job your guests are not due for a while. Clean it up a bit at a time.

OG - I'm hoping they are keen on a sale, as you say, and as its for more than one chair, perhaps they'll give you a deal on it.

Still bright sunshine here but a very cold wind when out of the sun. Have made pancake mixture ready for tonight, not going to have a big meal before treating ourselves to a few.
  • I see the first incoming osprey has been spotted today in Norfolk - hooray! Here's hoping for a really good season.

I had two pancakes at our church cafe this morning. If I could have held them up, politely, I would have been able to read the newspaper (or perhaps, in this context, I should say the Bible!) through them, they were so thin. They also tasted of absolutely nothing. I guess they were the pre-made ones you heat in the microwave. Good job the coffee was good. Such a shame - I used to make delicious pancakes, but really can't be bothered these days just for me.

It's been cold and wet here - again!!! I really thought we had turned the corner into spring last week, but no ... winter's back.

I have a friend who lives on the Pacific coast in Australia. We usually have a Skype chat every Monday morning - we have been doing this for over sixteen years! However, she was not able to connect this week. Not sure whether she is actually affected where she lives, but the news is pretty bad, both on Radio 4 and World Service. I do hope she - and everyone else in the area - is OK. They were also badly affected by the fires a couple of years ago and had to evacuate their home for several weeks. Climate change has a lot to answer for.
  • LINDA – I know you miss your friend G so much. But could she be watching over you still, hence the dreams?

HEATHER – Your Dau will be glad her OH has returned.

PAT – If your friend in NSW is anywhere between Newcastle and way down south towards Victorian border, the flood warnings are not good. I hope she is OK.

Yesterday I watched an amazing army helicopter rescue of 3 people stranded on their roof. It took 40 mins! I have no idea whether the house was 1 or 2-storey but the water was almost up to the eaves.

OH had his booster jab yesterday at local chemist. They gave him Moderna and so far he only has a mildly sore arm and feels a bit “off”.

So far Dau & Co have not caught covid from MissL. Family are required to remain isolated at home until next weekend, while MissL returned to school yesterday, thanks to t’other g-mother & some friends for transport. I have offered a pickup or delivery if Dau can get no one else.

• Thank you, AQ. The nearest places to where my friend lives are Lismore and Nimbin. My Australian geography is very sketchy, I'm afraid!

Yet another grey and wet day. I'm being taken out on a 'magical mystery tour' today - no idea where! Hope we don't get too wet ...

Have a good day, everyone.
  • Oh no PAT. Lismore & Nimbin are bad. I'll check further after tea (ready to serve).
  • Good Morning. Took pics yesterday whilst it was dry - today its drizzly. 

AQ- Shocking that the floods there are so bad. Good that the virus is not affecting all of your family.

Pat - Enjoy your mystery trip! 

• ps - Our pancakes were, um - filling. I had the 1st one which is usually not as good as the rest, and my OH who insisted on being chef, made it far too thick so it was like eating two at once. That was with lemon & sugar. Then I managed two more with a little maple syrup but couldn't move afterwards!
  • PAT – I’m sorry I hope I haven’t spoilt your day out. Both Nimbin & Lismore have been flooded, though levels are now falling. Power is probably out. If your friend is out of town and on high ground, she could be OK & not have to evacuate. Maybe if you Google “Lismore floods 2022” or ditto for Nimbin, you may get some Aussie reports. The rain is moving on to Sydney.

LINDA – Each day our newspaper has a page with 3 or 4 recipes for meals. I was bemused that yesterday they did not recognize pancake day.

• AQ - Thank you, I appreciate your update. We usually Skype every Monday morning but I had a message from another friend saying the internet was out. Glad the floods are receding. I'll try to contact my friend later today. I don't know exactly where she is, but I do know she is in a valley ... not good news.