Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 20 February 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope you all have survived Storm Eunice with yourselves and your property intact.

Have a wonderful, joyful week!

• Ditto from me, HARELADY !
    Painter/ decorator is here. The ceiling paper in the wee back room is splitting at the joins. I've been looking at it all winter. (Unlike our dear OG, I'm very good at procrastinating). So straight after I phoned the plumber, I phoned Alfie the painter. He thinks that the taping is at fault so paper will be stripped,ceiling boards retaped, before repapering etc. It's a good job that the Danes are coming , it's spurred me on, somewhat :-)
  • Morning all;  Must say I've been avoiding the main headlines.  If anyone's interested, The Rise and Reign of Vladimir Putin (several years old) is a fascinating read.  

AQ;   Sadly, those quotes are all too true.  

Ms. D's school was closed yesterday due to the storm with a late start today due to ice on the roads but sun is out, skies are clear and the wind has dropped.  Calamity of the day is that the Book Sale at school has been postponed until tomorrow (families allowed).

Heather:  I get lots of postponed improvements/fixes done when visitors are expected.  Then you think:  Why didn't I do this before?

Off to organize any  number of things.....  

Take care everyone.

• Just popped in, not been on all week. Hope all OK with you all. Will look back at what's been happening tomorrow.
  • Just a thought

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. (Tom Clancy)

• Good Morning. The sun is out here, although it came out yesterday morning and the weather pattern then was: Sun- hail - sun- hail - sun- hail- clouds.

Perhaps today will be calmer here and it certainly is warmer.

Terrible news worldwide and it makes you despair that mankind will ever live in peace.

Long talk with our Youngest last night, as he is home alone and doing some decorating whilst his family stay with his in laws for the half term.
  • Agree, LINDY. Terrible things seem to be happening all the time.. Some we hear about and some we don't.
    I got cross this morning , a relative of a relative moaning because his mobile phone hadn't been reconnected since the last storm. He had to go to the top of a nearby hill to get a signal. I felt like saying that he should be glad that he wasn't sitting on top of a hill in Ukraine.
  • Unknown said:
    Must say I've been avoiding the main headlines.

I've listened to enough public radio on waking, in the the past two mornings. I'm despairing about the state of our world, as I sit in the relative comfort and luxury of my own home. It reminds me to be kind to as many as I can, and soften my judgments. My concerns pale in comparison to the suffering of so many.

On a lighter note, as far as cleaning, I must say it is absolutely true that all I have to do is have a visitor for things to shape up around here! Glad to hear it is universal!

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs