Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 13 February 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

The Full Moon is Wednesday, 16 February. 

Here's what happened to me on Thursday evening. I thought you all might enjoy the story.

My toaster oven is on my enclosed porch (the electricity is newer and stronger there). After dark in the evening, I walked out on the porch to make a grilled cheese sandwich ("cheese toastie") for my supper. Right after I turned on the light, I heard a long, slow howl outside the front door. It was a coyote! It only howled once, and then I heard it move through the snow. It must have been warning its mate and any young that are still with them. Coyotes mate in February here, so they're active right now. They pair for life. The howl was powerful! 

Everyone have a safe and serene week!

• Good Morning. I wrote last night but it wouldn't post.

A wild night here: hope everyone in North of UK is alright. Still wet here but the wind is now dying down.

Annette: I think my OH is annoyed with his sister Sue as she changed her mind. Now she has the choice of going next year in order not to lose her deposit (almost £500) but we tried to point out that the situation will not be much different, as we both believe that things won't change for years to come now, and we'll all have to "learn to live with it" as regards covid.

So glad your daughter continues to make good progress - she's been unlucky to be so badly affected.
  • Heather: Pleased to hear you'll have your Danish visitors - hope you all enjoy the company.

Our garden is showing its best ever snowdrops display, it must have been the weather recently.

Click on the pics to enlarge.

• Good morning. We have been remarkably unaffected by the weather which was all around last night. This morning is sunny, with occasional five minute showers, and the wind is not at all bad – J should be quite safe driving to Dumfries – although there will possibly be trucks doing impressions of dead turtles along the field edges from earlier incidents!

ANNETTE – when wearing of masks in classrooms mandate was lifted, J was pleased to see an announcement that they can be worn if desired – he intends to keep his, although may be asked to make special case for some ASN children.

LINDA – a wonderful display of snowdrops – they do love to grow undisturbed.

J will eat in town between hospital and shopping so we shall have our first lunch for just the two of us. He has some form-filling for work to get on with this evening.
  • Lindy - It was pretty wild here down south last night as well. I am surrounded by trees and it was very noisy. There was one significant crash - I didn't get up to investigate, but this morning my (metal) bird feeder was leaning against the window. I guess I was lucky it didn't smash. Calm and sunny today, but I think Eunice will change all that. Our 'warning' has gone from yellow to amber, so I'll move the bird feeder before I go to bed tonight!
  • Just moved some of my feeders, too Pat: fingers crossed that no one is too badly affected tonight. Good that your feeder didn't break last night.

OG: Glad you were unaffected by the storm - there were a couple of trees down a few miles from here, and my OH came back from golf annoyed that they were stopped from playing after beginning with one hole but then being told that it was "too wet."

We've been out on various errands and managed to avoid the sudden showers this morning. Found a carpet shop which we had been recommended by friends, but never knew where it was! Filed away for future reference.

We are still wearing masks everywhere that we go indoors - it seems to vary, with some people not bothering but most do.

• Quick look in; will catch up later. Daughter is home; smiles all round. :-)
  • Wonderful, Annette. Another stage back to normal.